Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#80517 by Giuseppe Barberio
Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:36 pm
Hello everyone,

I’m looking into different products for project specifications. I’m looking at Spec Link which can produce a printed project manual. Not necessarily looking for something that can be placed right on drawings but would be interested to know about that as well.

Does anyone have any experience with Spec Link? Would like to hear from anyone that has different methods or products as well.

Thank you all,

Giuseppe
#81373 by artmanvt2000
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:13 am
Giuseppe,

We have been using SpecLink for several years. Overall we link the program, but it does have it's quirks. Some of the formatting can be troublesome to navigate. SpecLink works by using a specification database. It does help with coordination of the various specifications. For example, if you selected painted metal doors in your metal door specification, it will remind you to do the painting specification. Other advantages are master header and footers that only need to be set up once and are applied to all sections within a project. Master terms can also be set to be applied. The master terms include owner's name, architect's name and business, and various project dates. Overall the time saver advantages out weigh the quirks.

I hope this is helpful.