Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#7060 by Ernest Burden III
Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:20 am
I was just pouring through folder after folder of photos of existing stuff at a college campus sent me by a client. They are adding buildings, but I will also see some existing context in my renderings. OK, so where are all these pictres taken from? Sometimes I get a shot-keyed plan. Not this time.

Doesn't it make sense to have a digital camera built with a GPS device to automaticly record the position of each photo in its metadata or a seperate data file (my Nikon make an info.txt file to store aperature and other settings per shot)?
#7080 by Nick Pyner
Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:52 pm
Well I've gotta say, Burden, you are the first, and possibly the the only guy in the universe to come up with a legitimate need for such a thing and, guess what?

The Ricoh G3 can take a GPS that replaces the standard CF card. It can even record its orientation!

What's more, it can integrate with some aerial photo system and shows the camera views on a map.

try here

http://www.geospatialexperts.com/ricoh.html

I found it by accident while trawling for a different Ricoh. I thought "I'm amazed Neil Blanchard hasn't heralded this to the world."
Maybe in item 1001!!