Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#11095 by Dick Eades
Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:27 am
A few months ago one of my son's friends bought a Dell super duper XPS monster laptop for gaming. It set him back about 3k.

Last night he was here and said he had been having problems with his screen. A third of it will start showing bands but he can make it go away by pressing at the edge of the screen. He called Dell about it and they told him that he only had a 10 day warranty on the $600 Samsung display. Sorry. So be warned about Dell's new approach to warranties.
#11099 by RDanne
Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:58 am
Dick,
I could be wrong, but I believe that Dell has a standard 1 year warrenty for all their major hardware if purchased directly thru them. We've bought dells exclusively for the last 5 or so years, and the only complaints I have about their customer service are they are sometimes difficult to understand (based out of India) and being put on-hold forever. Was the monitor bought seperate from the laptop?
-rd
#11120 by Dick Eades
Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:06 am
This guy purchased a three year warranty when he bought the computer, and,when he called about the screen, was told that the only warranty that applied to it was a 10 day dead pixel warranty.
#11125 by joshhuggins
Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:57 am
Uhh, I hate Dell.