Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#13099 by MtnArch
Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:34 pm
I don't have any knowledge of this keyboard, but an Acad guru has suggested it (for Acad, of course!) as one that you could program for multiple keystrokes, etc. It's a Logitech and you can see it here : http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/produ ... NTID=10717

I'm wondering if the "G" keys that it has **on the left side of the keyboard!!** could be programmed to execute the standard "Function" and "shift-Function" keys? At $100 it's no worse than any of the other programmable keyboards that are out there, and better than some.

FWIW ...
#13101 by Philip Hart
Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:44 pm
Cool (or Kewl! in Blanchardese) The backlit keys might be an annoyance, but if it can "execute macros—like casting spells in World of Warcraft," then I'll bet that the "G Keys" can be programmed to act as Function keys.

Let us know if you get one and how it works out. I'm typing this on a twelve-year-old MaxiSwitch keyboard with the function keys on the left (and, mysteriously, also all in a row at the top of the keyboard). I live in fear of having to find a replacement.
#13829 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:27 pm
Hello,

An architect that I am working for, just got this keyboard, and he wants to program the 18 keys on the left. They have 3 function keys, so that is 3 x 18 = 54! And not only that, they (apparently) can be programed for individual programs.

NewEgg has 'em for $69, shipped:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16823126179
#13838 by Graeme
Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:06 pm
Nice, that is a nice little toy there.
I would like to know how well it works if you get one for yourself Neil, or if you find out from your friend/boss.

Look like it could be handy...
#13858 by Ted B
Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:09 pm
Yikes, looks like the control-panel stolen from the Enterprise.

"Engage...."
#21717 by joshhuggins
Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:41 am
Bummer I was hoping these would be under $150-$200. Oh well, have to stick with Logitech I guess.
#21730 by Philip Hart
Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:49 pm
The concept of the keyboard is really, really interesting - perhaps more mac-specific than pc-applicable at the moment. It may be a glimpse at future technology.
#21747 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:43 pm
Hi,

Each key has it's own display -- so you can change languages and the letters change. Hit the Shift key and every key shows the uppercase character, etc. Change to a specific program, and all the shortcut keys show an icon!

Maybe the price will come down as they get into production?
#21783 by Ted B
Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:11 pm
I would be hesitiant to buy any keyboard that didn't have an oversized, rectangular or reversed-L "return key". My Kensington keyboard has the "/" to the left of the righthand-side "shft", and the "\" to the right.