Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#14065 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:16 pm
Greetings Don,

I'm posting your question here on the Forum, because it has been a long time since I have used a MS mouse, and hopefully someone who knows can help you out. Also, the next time someone has a similar question, the answer will be here for them to find.

I cannot get the wheel to engage a line or anything else when I use it. Just bought the unit for an HP portable. Is it compatible with Datacad 11? If so can you help me figure out.

Thanks,
Don.

When I last used an MS mouse, there was a checkbox for "Office 97 Compatible Scrolling" in the control panel, and when it is checked, the scroll wheel does object snaps like it should. But, recently, I was told that this did not help -- or maybe that setting is no longer in the mouse CP?

[Edit: It should be "compatible" with anything in Windows, in that it should be able to made to work.]
#14068 by Steve Baldwin
Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:46 am
Hmm. The MS mice that I have at home and at the office both work fine. They're not the model of yours, but both have the scroll wheel that zooms or scrolls, along with the middle button snap in DataCad. Both are corded. One at home is optical, one at work still has the ball.

At the office, it is the one that came with the computer, on an XPpro machine. In the control panel, I didn't see the setting that Neil mentioned above. The "scheme" is set on windows default. I didn't see any settings for the middle button at all ... and even the little picture of the mouse only shows a 2-button mouse.

At home, when I went to the MS mouse with the scroll wheel instead of the Belkin 3-button one that messed up, I didn't even install their software. I thought that I would first just plug it in and see if it worked. It did ... scrolling and middle button snap. Since I don't mess with any "special" mouse features, and all the basics worked, I was done.

F.W.I.W.
#14139 by dsraia
Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:04 pm
I switched to a Logitech V450, but the assigned values in the Mouse Button section of the control panel are the same as with the previous Microsoft Optical 3000. There is no snap function.
Any ideas, anyone.
Thanks,
Don
#14152 by dsraia
Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:00 am
Thanks Neil. All set now. Excellento!