Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#30077 by wolverine
Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:08 am
Recently discovered I no longer fax from windows due to my switch over to digital phone service.
Can anyone recommend a good internet faxing service? Cheap or free is always good, as I seldom fax from home.
#30085 by MtnArch
Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:17 am
I don't do any faxing OUT over the internet, but I do receive faxes FROM others through the internet. I use CallWave, but there are others out there too.
#30114 by David Porter
Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:59 pm
I have used MyFax.com for about 7 months now and am very happy with it. I send out and receive using the online service. No more manual fax machine to have to deal with when it breaks down or runs out of ink. And, I can get faxes sent to me round the clock and avoid junk faxes filling up my floor overnight. I also don't have to be in my office to get a fax. I just have to have internet and e-mail access from anywhere on the globe.

MyFax costs me a flat $10 per month that gets zapped to my credit card so that I don't even have to cut a check each month. I can send out 100 faxes per month and receive the same amount for that one, flat, price. I haven't come close to sending or receiving that many faxes in any of the 7 months I have used the service.

All incoming faxes come in as e-mail with an attached PDF that contains the fax from the sender. I find it very handy to then be able to save the PDF file to my job file for that client and I don't even have to print it to paper if I don't want to or need to.
#42208 by compguy74
Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:41 pm
I also agree that MyFax is a great service. They pretty much have everything you need in a fax service - both incoming and outgoing. They are rated as 'highly recommended' at the internet fax reviews - and they also let you have a 30 day free trial period - so you can test it out to see if you it is to your liking. I'd definitely recommend. Good luck - hope that helps!