Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#31770 by P. Boyd
Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:30 am
I am considering the Canon iPF610 plotter. I use DataCAD Version 11.08.01 on a newtorked Windows XP computer. I am interested in hearing others' good or bad comments about this plotter. Thanks.
#31773 by Michael Olney
Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:02 pm
We recently purchased a Canon iPF710 plotter. We use DataCAD 12 and networked Windows XP Pro computers. We only use it for color plots. We have a Xerox 6204 for our regular plots. I'm not sure about the exact differences between the iPF610 and the iPF710, but the iPF710 plots really nice color copies (although you might need to adjust the contrast and brightness a little). The speed is good. It's easy to install the paper. One disadvantage is that is holds only one roll of paper, so depending on how many different paper sizes you use, you might need to switch rolls fairly often. Also, the paper catch isn't as nice as previous plotters that we've used. Overall, we are pleased with the performance of the Canon iPF710.