Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#33773 by h20bby
Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:44 pm
I'm a DC user from days gone by... DOS even, and am now using v9. I need to either upgrade or change software. Being that my primary use is 2D only, I'm considering DC11LT or simpler yet, DesignCAD v18. I can't see paying for all the extras, when I have never used what I have. My usage is in home design, both conventional framing and log construction. Any suggestions???
#33783 by Nick Pyner
Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:09 am
Trawl wwwdatacad.com for "what's new" files. I believe they are around. One important feature of V10 was it's ability to read AutoCad 2000 files. Also, using fills and bitmaps. Another really serious feature of modern versions is the ability to work on two screens. Once you have done that you will never want to go back. If that is of no interest, you may as well stay with what you've got. V9 is still a fine programme and better than V-anything LT.