Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#41037 by Stuart Jackson
Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:12 pm
If it's not a taboo subject, has anyone had experience with the latest Spirit 15/16? I keep getting questions and I haven't had any experience with it.

Short of downloading the demo and finding out what's different, harder, easier, etc. I thought some here might have comments.
#41040 by Jeff Moore
Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:41 pm
Hi Stuart,
I have been using Spirit since version 12. Currently using version 16.10. The next release is scheduled for this coming March and will be called Spirit 2009.
Have you had a look at any of the videos that Matthew Cockroft has posted to the Dbug forum? These will give you a good look at what Spirit is all about. Is there anything specific that you would like to know? I would be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Regards.
#41043 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:58 am
Hello Guys,

I beg your pardon, but should ask if doesn't exist a similar Forum for this software, where should this kind of enquiry do fit better ?

Thanks,
Miguel
#41062 by MtnArch
Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:17 pm
Miguel -

I don't think that Stuart's question was out of line (though I agree that Spirit's forum would be a good source as well), and I think that Jeff's response was very helpful - informative, gave a source and invited a more personal exchange off-forum. We all use multiple programs (some cadd and some non-cadd) - what better resource could you hope for?

This is what makes this forum the absolute best - we all help each other with the knowledge and experience that we all have! Be it architecture, rendering, computers or even (shudder!) udder programs!

As for me and my firm ... it's DataCAD, pure and simple - and a done deal! :D
#41064 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:23 am
No problem, Alan.

I just wanted to make clear that this is the understanding.

Thanks,
Miguel
#41070 by Jeff Moore
Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:16 am
Hi Miguel,
Sorry if I may have crossed the line with my reply.
Like many others, our firm uses many different software packages, DataCAD being one of them. That is why I still keep tabs and read this forum.
Stuart had a question, and I just wanted to help out. It wasn't meant to be any kind of sales pitch. Sorry if it was taken as such.
I would like to apologize if I was out of line.
#41071 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:31 am
Jeff,

Actually it's my turn to ask for appologies.
It was so present to me a recent annoyance with the distributors of this software here that I have over reacted for the subject.

Please, accept my sorry for it.
Miguel
#41085 by Stuart Jackson
Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:32 am
Miguel Palaoro wrote:Hello Guys,

I beg your pardon, but should ask if doesn't exist a similar Forum for this software, where should this kind of enquiry do fit better ?

Thanks,
Miguel

Yes but I'm still waiting for my access to the Spirit Forum to be activated. As for the DataCAD forum I'm wondering what those who use both think, specifically those who started with DataCAD.

I have a former employer who's considering changing and was hitting me up for an opinion. Actually I'd prefer he keeps DataCAD for my own selfish reasons.