Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#43956 by Dick Eades
Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:02 pm
I found a keyboard that is as flat as my Wacom Bamboo tablet. Logitech Illuminated Keyboard. They make a nice combo.

#44156 by MtnArch
Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:50 pm
I saw Dick's post and thought I HAD to check this keyboard out - it looked WAY too cool! I checked it out and decided that it would be worth trying it out. I'm also a die-hard Logitech man (I still have my original 3-button Logitech C7 serial mouse!) so I felt comfortable in trying it.

First of all - Dick, THANK YOU for posting this. Now that I've had the keyboard almost a week I love it!

It IS way cool, very slick and has both a nice heft to it and the keys feel very solid (though not in the old XT keyboard "click" way). I had bought another Logitech keyboard (the MX 5500) that looks and feels cheap - this one doesn't. Also, my office (a bedroom in my house) doesn't have the greatest lighting and the illuminated keys are perfect!

I don't have a tablet (like Dick does) that I use on my main computer so I wasn't concerned about matching any height, but I do like to lower profile of the keyboard compared to standard keyboards - my wrists don't feel as cramped.

As far as I'm concerned, the only disadvantage is that this one isn't wireless - though it appears that Logitech makes one that IS (the diNovo Edge), but it's over $100 more for it. A little too pricey for me in this economy! Maybe in the future when I score a big job! :wink:

Overall, as far as I'm concerned ... highly recommended! At least in my totally honest, biased opinion!
#46268 by Dean Buckeridge
Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:04 am
I have been using the Evoluent keyboard and mouse combo
for a few months now and find them to be very good.

http://www.evoluent.com/kb1.html

I made the change because of pain in my shoulder, and because the left handed keyboard is much more logical for CAD operation, means I can leave the right hand on the mouse and use the left hand for keyboard entries.

Doesn't have the uber-cool backlighting though but the board is relatively flat, and it did take at least a couple of weeks to get used to. It was a little pricier than alternatives but since using it I haven't lost any time to lying on the physiotherapists table.
#46413 by Ted B
Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:36 am
Are you using under XP? or Windows 7?

I just bought a laptop with Windows 7 OS...and my supply of Win-XP mice don't work with full functionality. Apparently, most existing mice and tablets don't have Win-7 drivers available.
#46416 by MtnArch
Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:01 pm
I'm using it under WinXP.
#49609 by MtnArch
Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:32 pm
Just an update on the keyboard (and a mouse combination), I recently had to get a new 'puter (Intel Core Duo 2, 4GB RAM, Win 7 Pro 64-bit) and installed the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard on it as well as my Logitech Revolution MX mouse.

No issues whatsoever with the installation and use.

The mouse has, however, developed some issues (unrelated to the OS or anything else, other than age and use), and I recently replaced it with a Logitech Performance Mouse MX. No issues whatsoever again.

The Performance Mouse seems to be slightly bigger (looks the same, but just "feels" a scoach bigger) and I'm having to get used to the extra buttons that it includes, but overall I'm very pleased with it.