Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#11785 by DBrennfoerder
Wed May 24, 2006 10:37 am
If your work involves client contact and you are involved with client presentations and carry a video projector, I have a recommendation. Modern technology has improved projectors immensely. The Optoma EP 729 is impressive: 1600 lumens, 1024x768, 33db, 2.2 lbs, about $1,300. I put together a spreadsheet comparing 13 different projectors in 12 factors (size, weght, noise, etc) and this one's a winner. At a client presentation last evening, the attendees said it was clearly better/brighter than the 600 lumen 800x600 unit I've been caring around for 6 years. DLP projection looks great w/ DataCAD. For simplicity and clarity, I load a color palette that shows all colors as white, and set background to black, so everything on screen is black on white, very easy to see. O2c models are not affected by the palette change.

I checked the billing, was $1,450 w/overnight shipping handling etc

Website is http://www.optomausa.com/product_detail ... oduct_id=2

Website says "Extensive connectivity for VGA (YPbPr) for HDTV connection"

The bulb is a 150W P-VIP, with a "BrightMode", anticipated hours are 4000 normal, 3000 in BrightMode.

I could link to my comparison sheet if you'd like to see it.
Last edited by DBrennfoerder on Wed May 24, 2006 11:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#11791 by Heinrich
Wed May 24, 2006 12:21 pm
Are these things compatible with satellite receivers/DVR's/gaming consoles?
I'd love to have one of these in my den when the Skins win the Super Bowl this year.