What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#14661 by Bev
Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:35 pm
My wish is that the MSP sheets would not be dependent on the last setup used. If a sheet is set up to print on 36x24, it should not see that the last time I plotted a detail I used an 8 1/2 x 11 for a quick plot. I should be able to set up some sheets to be 36 x 24 and some to be 8 1/2 x 11 and some to be 18 x 24 if I desire.

Layout also should not be dependent on rotation. Today when I set up my sheets to be 30x42 rotated and later changed rotation to be "normal", I had to reposition all my "details". :(

When I set up a sheet to be 36 x 24 and save the file, and my co-worker opens the file and it shows up as 42 x 30 or 48 x 36 this is bad. Also when they set up a sheet to be 36 x 24 and save it, when I open up the sheet it should not show it to be 24 x 18. When it is set up, it should stay set up no matter what drivers are installed on a computer.

I should be able to set up my sheets to plot 36 x 24 and when in the drawing if I want to print just a small portion, I should be able to do a quickplot on 8 1/2 x 11 or 11 x 17 or whatever I want without changing my sheets. :)