Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#1771 by csmckillip
Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:33 am
Is it just me or do you all have the same problems as I do. I use Davehand as my default Font I insert the text into the drawing using the left side of the text, I underline the roomlable and then add text under it. For example: Dinning is underlined and 9'-0" Clg. ht. below it. Now when I go to mirror the drawing I choose the center of the drawing and It always throws my text off, It only takes me 5 min. to fix all of my lables but that is 5 min. I could be doing something else. Next are my door lables I have them in a templateand explode them when inserted. Example large 2 with a smaller 6 making the lable a 2'-6" door this has a circle around it. Again when I mirror it throw these off, This takes a little longer to fix because of all of the mirroring. If anyone has a fix for this please let me know.

Chris McKillip
PS I have bought V11 and am waiting for delivery
#1772 by Nick Pyner
Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:54 am
I don't think being a symbol is part of this problem. I recall having some problems with blocks of text. The "fix Text" button merely ensured the text was the right way round and did not fix the justifiction. I think this may be your problem. You can't see it because there isn't enough text there to make it obvious.
You can to a post-operative fix on justification but I don't know if it's worth your while.
OT the boat looks a bit racey, you don't run that in Oklahoma, do you?
#1784 by csmckillip
Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:14 am
I don't think being a symbol is part of this problem. I recall having some problems with blocks of text. The "fix Text" button merely ensured the text was the right way round and did not fix the justifiction. I think this may be your problem. You can't see it because there isn't enough text there to make it obvious.
You can to a post-operative fix on justification but I don't know if it's worth your while.
OT the boat looks a bit racey, you don't run that in Oklahoma, do you?

Huh, I need for someone to explain this post for me? and the mirroring problem as well. Yes this is my sailboat as my Avatar, Yes I do race the boat here in Oklahoma!!!!
www.chdsi.com/capri25
#1791 by Rocket468
Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:49 pm
Chris, I have had the same problem with davehand forever. It's just how the font was designed. It does flip the txt in the center so it mirros funny.

I did not think there was much racing up there in tulsa. Thers always racing going on down here at lakes here in okc.
#1795 by csmckillip
Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:45 pm
I race out of Windycrest on Lake Keystone, we have races every other week with keelboats and everyother week with cenerboard boats. If you have never been sailing take the chance, its a lot of fun and a great way to get out on the water without spending 100's of dollars in gas.
#1800 by Daniel Kaczor
Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:21 pm
This phenomena (bug?!) happens with all text that is mirrored w/ FixText on. The text insertion points are also mirrored and what was left justified text becomes right justified, arrows move around, dimensions screw up, etc. There used be a trick of changing the Aspect to a negative number (like -1.0), but that doesn't seem to work in DataCAD 11 but does in 10. Also in 10 sometimes it doesn't matter whether FixText is on or off, but does in 11.

This is an ongoing situation that needs to be addressed and has been discussed on the D-bug forum for a long time. I just learned to Move text rather than mirror which is ok for a few items, if you have to reversed an entire building or house, its a PIA.
#1803 by Graeme
Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:21 pm
I recently had to mirror an entire set of plans for a reuse. I know what you are talking about. What I figured out is, once you have mirror the entire plan all you need to do to realine blocks of text, is to set a new line running through the centre of your text. Then just mirror it, it should go back to the correct orientation and be in about the right place. It saved me heaps of time.

I hope you can make sense of my post. :?:
#1812 by csmckillip
Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:30 am
This is a big issue for me. I have a model home that I have been working on sence 1999 I have made more that 100 revisions to this set of plans. I have more the 15 different elevations, and all of these plans have to be mirrored. Its just not my time anymore. I am so sick and tired of mirroring the room lables and door symbols it makes me sick, and I am really tired of this plan but everyone wants to build it. I now have put my door symbols in a strait line not using a border, and the room lables I still have to mirror. It is really hard for me to produce a good set of drawings without what I call (my picky parts). Its what sets my drawings apart from the rest of the people designing here in Tulsa. I tell you a great set of prints comes from a well read set of plans and the right line weights when plotted. I messed around with this again today for an hour or two and it still does not matter what you do its messed up. Dbug if you are listening take this into account please, It will make my year. I have to hire a person to just mirror plans all day!!!!!
#1813 by csmckillip
Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:37 am
Just thinking.... All of my room lables and door lables are inserted from a symbol. Is there a way of just refreshing the symbols in the drawing, or re loading them? The text in the door lables messes up because I use two different strings of text. The 2 will be bigger than the 6 and has a circle around it. room lables text is set at 1'-0" and text below is 6" room lables have an underline, Why dont you include the underline feature with the windows fonts, there are bold and Ittalic?
#1817 by Tony Blasio
Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:37 am
I completely agree mirroring plans is my most dreaded chore in DataCAD. At our office we have around 20 stock plans that we have designed. Each has 3 to 15 optional elevations. Most are designed garage right, but a handful were designed garage left. I dread hearing this plan will need to be reversed.

Text and dimensions are a nightmare to get back into a preferred readable state. I know i can let the justification go and just correct some minor items but I think the plan then looks bad.

What I have started doing is to move the text off to the side, mirror the plan with the dimensions. Then fix the dimensions that go wacky. After this I move each peice of text back into the drawing and correct the leaders. Time consuming but it makes sure the drawing reads well.

I have also started creating reversed plans. However, since the floor plans are XREF'd into my sheets I just mirror the XREF so that my base plan is never reversed. This saves some time in maintenance.

If mirroring plans could be enhanced I would be a happy camper!!