Post off topic threads here.
#20337 by joshhuggins
Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:09 pm
Friends, Fun, Food & Fantastic Prizes. Oh yeah, BIG FAT NEEDLES!!! O.K. I know that for a lot of us that's the deal breaker. But we need your help! We are looking for donors. Both the blood type and sponsors. First and foremost if you can give blood please join us Wednesday Feb 21st from 2:00p-8:00p at the Clovis West High School Cafeteria. Also we are in big need of sponsors. One of our key sponsor go-geters was ill during the "big push" for this years blood drive and we still need help. If you or your business can make a donation of a raffle gift, a service gift certificate or a cash donation it will be greatly appreciated. All donations go directly to fund the blood drive and the cost involved. You can also just click on the Blood Drive Flyer and print some out to help spread the word.

Last year was my first time donating blood. And I'll be honest I am still horrible terrified of needles. But I am hear to tell you that even though I had to have ice packs placed on my body because I looked like Casper while donating, it wasn't as bad as I imagined in my head the last five year watching everyone else give. I'm glad I did it. Knowing that I could be helping to save someones life is pretty cool. I plan to give again this year. It's a mental thing with me, so I've learned to just jump in with my little MP3 player and zone out till they say I'm done. The other donors were not too crazy about me singing Jimmy Buffett songs, but you got to do what you get to do right? Then we eat tons of Birthday cake, snacks & then win some cool prizes and call it an evening. BBQ's, Starbucks giftcards, DVD players, Video Games, DVD's, and more. It's a good thing.

If your business would like to be a sponsor please call Harriet Huggins @ (559) 284-8847 or Josh Huggins at (559) 960-1222. Thanks and hope we see you there!
Print Out A Blood Drive Flyer

P.S. - You can come just to watch me turn white if you like too, I don't mind :)