Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#19056 by joshhuggins
Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:52 pm
There is a new shingle hatch pattern avalible in the Josh's Home Brew area of my site.
Concept by: Toby Fuller
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#20243 by joshhuggins
Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:28 pm
A fellow Datacad user said they were banned from my Digital Downloads website. If anyone else has been unintentionally banned please let me know, and send along your IP address. The only bans I have placed have been on IP address ranges to block some spammers a long time ago. I think I can remove them now that I have a better system in place to fight the spammers.

Also on slow connections, if you try clicking on a link before the page finishes loading, it will sometimes take you to the Paypal Donation link. I'm not exactly sure why this happens. I think it's related to the way the page templates loads. Anyway, I'm not trying to sneak in any tricks to get you to donate, it's a glitch in the forum setup. Simply hit your back button to return to the previous page. Thanks and sorry for any issues. :oops:
Last edited by joshhuggins on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#20682 by joshhuggins
Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:50 pm
Complete 200 & 400 Series of Andersen Windows in DSF format.
Note: Does not include Narrowline or Art Glass Products.

Andersen Windows for Datacad.exe - 1.67 MB

Code: Select allRevision history
2/23/07 - Added new 2007 200 Series Windows: (46) Picture, (12) Tilt Wash Double Hung (3) Circle Top.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#21016 by joshhuggins
Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:33 pm
(Item Removed)
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#23405 by joshhuggins
Wed May 02, 2007 11:46 am
With the impending release of Datacad 12, comes some new ini pathing options which adds some really neat networking path options in regards to sharing networked Datacad resources. (Which is really cool by the way :wink: ) One of the new path options is PATH_SYMBOLBASEPATH=, which I don't want to go to much into the details of it in this message, but it has allowed me to tweak my Simpson Toolbar to work better with all v.12 users unique paths to their base/root symbol directory. That said, when v.12 is released my Simpson Toolbar will be updated to take advantage of these new features, which will render it semi unusable for Datacad 11. Datacad 11 users will still be able to download the updated toolbar & new 2007 symbol files and manually adjust the toolbar files (as before if using non-default symbol folder locations) to reflect their paths if they wish, which shouldn't take more than a minute, but they will have to do it manually.

So if you will be sticking with v.11 for a while, and want to download the 2006 toolbar you have a few more weeks to do so. As for us nuckleheads who love Datacad and will be upgrading to v.12 at release, look for the new updated toolbar shortly after release which will contain all of Simpson's new 2007 products, catalogs and auto pathing using the new PATH_SYMBOLBASEPATH= feature of v.12

Have no idea what I'm talking about? Check it out :!:
#25020 by joshhuggins
Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:45 pm
Removed
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#25044 by Tony Blasio
Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:52 am
Very nice Josh!

Here is the nav pad I put together.

Mine are 16x icons. This is going to be a fun feature 8)

Edit: image looks better if you click on it.
#25047 by joshhuggins
Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:12 am
Sweet! Yeah diggin the new customization. Maybe some complete theme packs that users could swap in an out easily? Just to add a bit of spice. The spice is good eh?! Hmmmm :wink:
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#25048 by Tony Blasio
Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:22 am
Yeah I am liking it to.

I only wish we didn't have to overwrite the standard icons. Be nice if we could just remap the standard icons to our own unique named icons. I am making zip file archive of each set I mess with just in case.

Question though...wil these icons get overwritten with updates? :?:
#25050 by Mark F. Madura
Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:31 am
Tony Blasio wrote:Yeah I am liking it to.

Question though...will these icons get overwritten with updates? :?:

By default, the DataCAD 12 installer does not include program icon bitmaps in the \Support Files\Toolbars\ folder. If you perform a "Custom" install, you can opt to include them. I would imagine that any existing bitmaps with the same name would be overwritten during installation.

Devinder can confirm this but, I think you only need to include bitmaps for the icons you want to change in the \Support Files\Toolbars\ folder. The missing items will be read from the resource file which lives in DCADWIN.EXE.
#25051 by Tony Blasio
Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:47 am
Mark F. Madura wrote:
Tony Blasio wrote:Yeah I am liking it to.

Question though...will these icons get overwritten with updates? :?:

By default, the DataCAD 12 installer does not include program icon bitmaps in the \Support Files\Toolbars\ folder. If you perform a "Custom" install, you can opt to include them. I would imagine that any existing bitmaps with the same name would be overwritten during installation.

Devinder can confirm this but, I think you only need to include bitmaps for the icons you want to change in the \Support Files\Toolbars\ folder. The missing items will be read from the resource file which lives in DCADWIN.EXE.

Thanks Mark.

Nice Signature Font! One of your own custom ones?
#25053 by joshhuggins
Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:38 am
Yeah I was a little concerned about that too, I'm just keeping a backup folder for each styles icons in the toolbar folder as of now.

And yeah dig the new graphics all around. Just gives a good feel. It's the little things that really add the finishing touches.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#25224 by joshhuggins
Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:03 pm
This package contains enhanced versions of Datacad's 24px standard icons. This package also includes reduced 16px versions (not as good) of the enhanced icons and a backup copy of the original icons & toolbars if needed. If you have custom icons using the original Datacad file names, please back those up first before using.

[url=http://www.joshhuggins.com/dd/_toolbars/_enhanced_iconmap.png]Image
Button preview[/url] 1673x507px

[url=http://www.joshhuggins.com/dd/_toolbars/_enhanced_toolbarmap.png]Image
Toolbar previews[/url] 1024x768px

Enhanced Icons.exe - 1.19 MB
Requires dcadwin.ini value:
Code: Select all[KeyFile]
Use External Icons=TRUE
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#25879 by joshhuggins
Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:45 pm
joshhuggins wrote:With the impending release of Datacad 12, comes some new ini pathing options which adds some really neat networking path options in regards to sharing networked Datacad resources. (Which is really cool by the way :wink: ) One of the new path options is PATH_SYMBOLBASEPATH=, which I don't want to go to much into the details of it in this message, but it has allowed me to tweak my Simpson Toolbar to work better with all v.12 users unique paths to their base/root symbol directory. That said, when v.12 is released my Simpson Toolbar will be updated to take advantage of these new features, which will render it semi unusable for Datacad 11. Datacad 11 users will still be able to download the updated toolbar & new 2007 symbol files and manually adjust the toolbar files (as before if using non-default symbol folder locations) to reflect their paths if they wish, which shouldn't take more than a minute, but they will have to do it manually.

So if you will be sticking with v.11 for a while, and want to download the 2006 toolbar you have a few more weeks to do so. As for us nuckleheads who love Datacad and will be upgrading to v.12 at release, look for the new updated toolbar shortly after release which will contain all of Simpson's new 2007 products, catalogs and auto pathing using the new PATH_SYMBOLBASEPATH= feature of v.12
This is now done and updated for v.12 & 2007 Products.
Have no idea what I'm talking about? Check it out :!: