Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#250 by DBrennfoerder
Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:38 pm
Just drove 3 hr to a meeting, forgot the dongle, luckily had prints with me. I assume the old DataCAD viewer won't work with the new file format. Is there any way to view a DataCAD file without the dongle (other than buying the Lite version)?
#253 by DBrennfoerder
Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:53 pm
Great solution, but I didn't discover the missing dongle until setting up for the meeting. I have made pdf's and developed a PPoint to show off some plan ideas, but for this meeting, I had planned to just show directly from DataCAD, so was very disappointed to learn I'd left the dongle 200 miles away on my desk when I packed to leave the office. At 60, the brain goes numb, I guess....
#291 by Miguel Palaoro
Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:11 am
Hello,

An AEC viewer (updating the old DC Viewer) could be much useful for at least two group of customers:
1) those who uses DataCAD LT, which doesn't create PDF;
2) for Printing bureau services that need to view the drawing for pen settings, or print DC LT files, etc.
#308 by Rocket468
Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:53 am
Boy I would love it myself. Think I could put this on my bosses computer so he can look at the plans So He can draft by HAND, "yea people still do it" and he can't mess the files up.
#435 by Rodolfo Prieto Gaeta
Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:17 pm
:) I Think is very usefull option
#448 by Mark Bell
Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:10 pm
Another option could be to download the free trial software off DataCAD's web site (if your client doesn't mind - they also get a trial version to use after you leave!!). This option only works of course so long as your file is within the size limit available to the trial download.

regards

Mark Bell
Australia
#468 by DBrennfoerder
Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:22 am
Now THERE's a great idea, will do. My prelim file sizes are usually relatively small, so this idea would work great, unless it's time limited. As a matter of fact, I don't see where there actually is a free demo version of v11 or LT.