Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#262 by peter korzaan
Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:48 pm
Ok lets try this new format..

I'm doing a vertical dimension, and want the text to be face the opposite direction, I try rotate 180 degrees, it will not do it. Although it will rotate it 90, but when I do 180, it face the same direction.

What am I missing... ???

thanks p.

ps we need spellllll check...
#266 by Greg Blandin
Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:13 pm
Quick fix would to be to explode the dimensions, then rotate them. Then don't use associative to begin with.
#271 by peter korzaan
Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:28 pm
Hmmm the original post is not around...

ok.. I understand the fix to explode dimension and then rotate, but the original dims are all face a different side, what controls the side they face... When I originally placed the assioated dims, they faced left, now they face right. Where is the setting, I can not seem to find it?

thanks for the promt help p.
#273 by joshhuggins
Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:31 pm
I'm going to pretend I didn't see Greg's post :roll: and with associated dims, after the dim is enter, go to Change, Txt Pos. then pick the dim you want to flip the text, then hit or click F1 for Rotate, then enter 180. That should give you rotated text. i'm using Rel. Cart., so maybe it's a input mode thing.

Also the direction of 0* is related to your Start angle I believe.
#275 by Greg Blandin
Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:47 pm
*Big Toothy grin*

Hey, I've only been using DataCAD for 2 1/2 months. What do you expect from me?

It was a quick fix.
#276 by peter korzaan
Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:07 pm
Ha .. this is a gas... I thought I had chosen the Tech support caption... which I thought ;-0 was to Dcad... but it seems instead that its open forum in a catagory. Hmmm interesting.. so you cna go where you want to in a sence ..

Ok ..but the question remains... Josh, done that a thousand times, for some dumb reason didn't think of it, but how do you originally set up the dim text to look left or right.. since having not changed anything that I know of, all the dim text that I placed in before .. reads to the left with associated dims, but now it reads to the right... I had to have change something, somehow, but I don't have a clue.

thanks for the help... and Greg, I'm embarrased (need spell check) to tell you how long I've been on DCAD and seemingly asking such a basic question. It seems that you just take your moves and way of doing things for granted after a while.... p.