Support on o2c files (Objects 2 See) and o2c Interactive!
#29798 by Mark F. Madura
Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:57 pm

You can use the "o2c" code above to enclose the URL to your object. For example:
Code: Select all[o2c]http://www.datacad.com/temp/o2c_Logo.o2c[/o2c]
#29867 by Humberto Silva
Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:21 am
Hello,

Anybody can help me here, please ?
I'm trying to insert an o2c object into our Forum on Brazil, and while I can simulate to insert in the International forum (and it gets right), in our forum the error messages are this below, captured from message preview dialog:

This is precisely the HTML code above suggested by Mark.

Thanks,
#29883 by Mark F. Madura
Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:04 am
Hello Humberto:

By default, phpBB does not allow HTML tags other than <b>, <i>, and <u> character formatting. Under General Configuration you'll have to manually add the additional HTML tags you want to support. For o2c you'll have to add <object> and <param>.

Under User and Forum Basic Settings look for "Allowed HTML tags".

MFM
#29895 by Humberto Silva
Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:28 pm
Mark,

1.- Finished, but now appears the below image.

What do??? :shock:
#29898 by Mark F. Madura
Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:03 pm
It's been a long time since, but I think we had to install the o2c Player on our web server so that objects would appear correctly.

MFM
#29900 by Miguel Palaoro
Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:45 pm
Mark F. Madura wrote:...but I think we had to install the o2c Player on our web server so that objects would appear correctly.

Hi Mark,

This is supposed to be handled by me. Would you like to instruct how this can be done ?
Our Forum is hosted on a public ISP.

Do you think should it be installed by them there ?
or I might just put the O2CPlayer.OCX in any folder of the forum installation ?

(Actually this do not show as enough since I've tried but have no success at all, until now, BTW.)

Thanks,
Miguel
#30218 by Miguel Palaoro
Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:06 am
Hi Mark,

I've called our Internet Provider, who hosts our website and Forum, and asked him about the availability to install o2c Player in the hosting machine.

As the machine runs a Linux environment he asked for a Linux version of the Player.

Is there available a Linux version for our o2c Player version 1.9.9.149 ?

Thanks,
Miguel
#42329 by macone
Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:18 pm
Hi Mark,
The code above works great for inserting models on my blog. But what service should I use for hosting the files?
Dave M.
#69487 by Mark Bell
Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:10 am
Does anyone know of a method to embed an O2C model into either a Word document of PDF drawing? ie, when lodging Planning Applications it would be useful (and a good marketing tool for DataCAD) for those reviewing the submission drawings to be able to rotate a simple building model of the development application which is embedded in either the Word.docx file - saved as a pdf or DataCAD's PDF output drawings.
Autodesk have a similar feature that I've used with drawings sent from engineer's where they have embedded their version of O2C in a pdf drawing.
Thanks.
#69491 by Mark F. Madura
Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:31 am
Sadly, Adobe dropped support for importing / converting 3DS files to U3D format around the time they released Acrobat 10. I created this document using Acrobat 9? Extended.

http://www.datacad.com/temp/Urban_Infill_(Model).pdf

I'm not aware of any decent options. You'd have to get there via some file conversion path.
#69496 by Mark Bell
Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:50 pm
Hi Mark

This is quite a powerful viewing tool, especially the dynamic cross section. Features like this would be very useful to implement within DataCAD and enhance its 3D editing and presentation ability.

If it no longer works in PDF are there any other output formats it could be added to -? Word, Powerpoint or even raster images (jpg, png, bmp etc.)?

I'm able to view it in the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (v15.017.20050) and it works fine here. Does it matter if the output is generated as a Adobe v9 pdf as long as it is can still be opened and viewed in any Adobe Reader?

Is it something that could be added to a DataCAD MSP/Quicklayout sheet prior to outputting to PDF so it's handling within DataCAD as it generates a PDF? Just a thought, but very impressive on what the potential is.

Thanks for the insight.