The DataCAD Developer Network (DDN) is an online resource for information and support for DCAL® (DataCAD Applications Language) developers as well as anyone interested in creating fonts, toolbars, hatch patterns, or linetypes for use in DataCAD.
#36222 by joshhuggins
Wed May 21, 2008 10:58 am
Good morning, two questions for ya chaps this morning. First, I am trying to merge the rendering toolbar into my existing 3D modeling toolbar. I can't seem to get the By Layer/Color Material buttons to work. I am using the codes listed on the extended codes list. The material editor and rendering prefs codes are working fine. Here are my codes.
Code: Select all[Layer Material]
Hint=By Layer Material Assignments
Icon=MATBYLYR24
L=1032

[Color Material]
Hint=By Color Material Assignments
Icon=MATBYCLR24
L=1031

Second question, is there a code can I use to duplicate the O2C viewer button from the rendering & viewer toolbars. Those buttons supports the feature where we can use the clipboard select to select specific entities and view just those entities in O2C. The only O2C code I have found is the 0243 ó and that will only display the whole drawing in O2C. Are these special internal toolbar buttons only? Thanks for any help as always.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#36234 by David A. Giesselman
Wed May 21, 2008 12:16 pm
joshhuggins wrote:... Here are my codes.

Josh:

Change your codes as follows
Code: Select all[Layer Material]
Hint=By Layer Material Assignments
Icon=MATBYLYR24
L=1037

[Color Material]
Hint=By Color Material Assignments
Icon=MATBYCLR24
L=1038

you then wrote:Second question, is there a code can I use to duplicate the O2C viewer button from the rendering & viewer toolbars. Those buttons supports the feature where we can use the clipboard select to select specific entities and view just those entities in O2C. The only O2C code I have found is the 0243 ó and that will only display the whole drawing in O2C. Are these special internal toolbar buttons only? Thanks for any help as always.

This will have to be added in an update.

Dave
#36237 by joshhuggins
Wed May 21, 2008 1:01 pm
Sounds good, thanks Mr. Dave.
#37289 by joshhuggins
Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:57 pm
Is there any way to load a toolbar and preform an action code or visa versa by clicking a single button?
#39155 by joshhuggins
Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:34 pm
Is there a way to suppress the layer refresh when switching GTVs? I have some toolbar buttons which run thru and update GTVs layouts and scales, and would like to toggle off the layer refresh to speed up the process of going thru all the drawings GTVs and then toggle it back on once the process has finished. I tried toggling off Refresh in the layer menu but the layers still get refreshed. Any other ideas? TIA :D
#39165 by joshhuggins
Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:32 am
Hi, me again. Is there a way to get to the Symbol Enlargement using a A Code? I found the L 166 Function Code but need a way to access the Symbol Enlargement in a "A" code string.
#39166 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:45 am
Josh:

Try ^3003#^ and see if that does it for ya!

Dave
#39168 by joshhuggins
Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:24 pm
That works, thanks Boss.
#39169 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:06 pm
Josh:

If you need to enter the individual X,Y,Z enlargements, you can use codes 3000-3002.

Dave
#39170 by joshhuggins
Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:20 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:Josh:

If you need to enter the individual X,Y,Z enlargements, you can use codes 3000-3002.

Dave
Good to know, thanks again. :D
#41751 by joshhuggins
Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:15 pm
I'm getting this message "Buffer limit reached it's max. Macro has been truncated Do you wish to run incomplete macro?" when I run a toolbar button I've created. Does anyone know what determines this limit? Total number of characters? Number of commands?
#41905 by joshhuggins
Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:37 pm
joshhuggins wrote:I'm getting this message "Buffer limit reached it's max. Macro has been truncated Do you wish to run incomplete macro?" when I run a toolbar button I've created. Does anyone know what determines this limit? Total number of characters? Number of commands?
I just noticed 1026# (Clears the command stack) Is that what I should have used? I don't want to rebuild the macro I broke apart to test but for future use would be good to know.
#43623 by joshhuggins
Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:59 pm
I am making a button to change associated dimensions to a specific dimstyle. The code goes as follows: Edit Menu, F0 Change, S9 Dimensions, S5 To Style, (dimstyle name)$, F9 Dim style (toggles Dim Style OFF from the ON setting loaded from the dimstyle), and finally F3 Area for EGAFS selection. The code leave me at the dimstyle selection. Am I missing something or could there be an issue with the dimstyle extension not being properly translated? If I manualy select the dimstyle it will perform the $ (enter) which starts the selection process, and then inputs the F9 and F3 values from the distance menu. So could there be something with the dialog box that pops up maybe not passing the dimstyle name on or somthing maybe? Any ideas? Thanks for any help or ideas.

Code: Select allHint01=Change Dimension Style
Icon01=dmnsn24
A01=^;^F0^S9^S5^1-8.dimstyle$^F9^F3^
#43624 by Roger D
Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:40 pm
It looks good. according to the revhistory file

Code: Select all03. A new option, Styles has been added to the Dimension, Linear menu. You can save dimension settings to a dimension style file (.dimstyle) for future recall. Dimension style files can be called from either a keyboard macro, toolbar, or command line alias using any one of the following formats.

by Name:
^my_dimstyle$

by Name and Extension:
^my_dimstyle.dimstyle$

by Fully Qualified Path:
^z:\datacad\sup\my_dimstyle.dimstyle$
#43625 by joshhuggins
Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:10 pm
Thanks for the look Roger. I tried the three different formats but they all act the same. I'll keep poking at it. Thanks again.