Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#388 by kapone085
Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:30 pm
Hello,

First off I am thrilled about a new forum. DBUG was very informative, but very broad in subject, and i will contunue to check in with the D-buggers.

anyway, i am trying to create a linetype for stone soldiers and sills.

i can create the linetype, but when i use it, it comes in at a smaller scale
than what i draw it at. (ex. 3-1/2" x 7-7/8")

It's a pain to try to find the scale i need to fit the space.
how can i keep the same size/spacing in which i drew the line

i am running the latest update of DataCAD.

TIA,
Have a great weekend.
Jase
#392 by joshhuggins
Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:51 pm
If you figure the enlargement you need out once in Datacad, you can open the linetype file, and multiply the enlargement factor by the factor listed, for the linetype and that will give you the correct size I believe.
#393 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:57 pm
Hello Jason:

The easiest way to get this right is to create your linetype at exactly the size that you want to have it end up, and set the scale (when you are creating it) at that same distance. Then when you use it to that scale, it should come out like you drew it. Also, you should always create it from left to right.

The overall idea is, as I understand it, no matter how big you draw something to create a line, that whole thing gets fit into the spacing that you set. So for example, you draw a zigzag that spans 10 feet, but you set the spacing to 1, and then use that linetype at a spacing of 1, you'll get the whole zigzag "crammed" into a 1 foot repeat.

And conversely, if you draw a "square wave" that is 1 inch end to end, and you leave the spacing at 1, and use the linetype at 1, the squarewave will get "expanded" up to a 1 foot repeat.

IHTH