Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#39553 by bca-arch2
Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:32 am
I have discs of Cheap Tricks Ware Vol one and two. I haven;t needed to access them since we upgraded to Datacad 12. I just tried to load one of the template files and it could not locate datacad folder in the setup. Is there a way I can load these templates in Datacad 12?
#39554 by Tony Blasio
Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:04 am
If you Explore the CD there should be a DCAD folder on it. The folders below mimic'c the folder structure of older DCAD. If you can find the SYM folder and the folder below that contains the old SM3 files you can just copy it to the current DataCAD\Symbols folder and then use the Symbol Browser to view them.
#39557 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:13 am
Hi,

You're much better off using the Symbol Browser; since the templates would require you to edit the paths in the .tpl file to match where you actually locate the symbols. This is the raison d'être of the Symbol Browser.

If you need to re-order the symbols in the SB, you can do this by adding a numerical prefix -- 00-, 01-, 02-, etc.
#39822 by Daniel Kaczor
Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:45 pm
I agree that using the symbol browser is the way to go.

But, if you want to run the setup for any of the older install disks, open Notepad, then save as dcad.exe to your DataCAD folder. No need to type anything in NotePad, just point the installer to the DataCAD folder.