Found a hidden feature or want to share a time-saving shortcut? Let us all know...
#35417 by pjc_architect
Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:56 pm
Thank you, Josh! I use the CTRL-T method, and do know about resizing the windows. I was just thinking about the filetypes and the files used in the smart doors and windows. They are DOR and WIN files, respectively. How on earth do I make a WIN file, say for a non-standard fixed window such as a trapezoid or circular window? I have seen them illustrated in the forum, but I don't have them available in my window unit choices. Is this something I need to create in 3D with 3D Entities? I can build a window, but saving it as a WIN is what has me confused.

P.S. Are you a minor deity or a bot? :D
#35418 by joshhuggins
Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:28 pm
#41511 by joshhuggins
Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:49 pm
I'm done moving the portion of my site over to my new host. I glad to see people are still actively using it. Thanks for the kind words shared while it was down the last week or so.
#41532 by jbburd
Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:58 am
Thank you for your site, i have taught my self a lot from going to your webpage (ie. making toolbars).
However, i am having problems downloading hatch patterns since you moved.
#41534 by joshhuggins
Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:06 pm
Weird, the files have a weird permission set to them blocking them from being downloaded. I'll let ya know when I get it worked out.
#41696 by joshhuggins
Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:19 pm
I've updated my to include the current 2009 product line and fixed a few little buggies here and there in the toolbar.\

Side note, I still have not found a solution with my webhost on the hatch pattern issue. I'll let you know when I figure that out. Thanks.
#43320 by joshhuggins
Sun May 31, 2009 1:15 pm
I've think I've got the problem with my hatch patterns fixed on my website finally. If anyone has any more issues please let me know. Thanks :!:
#43328 by Roger D
Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:12 am
#43815 by joshhuggins
Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:31 pm
I've added my first go at UltraEdit Syntax Highlighting for Datacad files to my . The file is saved as the newer individual syntax highlight files release with UE v.15. I believe you can just copy and paste the same code from this file into the older single file format as one of the 20 syntax highlights, but you may need to check the formatting. I have it registered just for Datacad DTB & MCR files.

UltraEdit Syntax Highlighting For Datacad v1.0 - 5.79 KB
#44497 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:09 pm
I found a free handy little screen capture app called Snippy. It's really easy to use and is very helpful when you want to capture a screen shot of something like mapquest that doesn't always have a right click 'Save Image' option. Much faster than doing a Print Screen option and then having to crop out what you don't want with a image editing program. Just launch snippy, select the area you want, return to Datacad, Ctrl+P to paste in the image, Datacad prompts you to save the image to folder location, and then insert the image into Datacad. It takes longer to say/type than to do it :) Snippy has a few settings for capture area line colors and widths. It's a great little app. Windows Vista and Windows 7 have a built in app called Snipping Tool which does this also, but you can set snippy to stay in the system tray which is nice.

#44529 by Tony Blasio
Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:09 am
Grreat tip Josh. Microsoft Office OneNote 2007 has a screen capture tool too. It allows you to capture a section of the screen by pressing the Windows Key+S. The image is copied to the clipboard and inserted into a new OneNote page.