Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#50800 by gfinn
Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:53 am
Why don't the arrow heads show up? They come into datacad as polylines.. sans arrow heads. I mean, this problem has been around now for years hasn't it? Is there a work around?

Gazza
#50804 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:58 am
Are they really, really tiny? Most often this is what I've seen.

By the way, are you talking about DXF importing into DataCAD drawings? Where are you getting the DXF files? Why not use DWG files, which will probably work a lot better?
#50805 by MtnArch
Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:31 am
If they were created by a package (like Acad Architectural), the arrowheads are polylines that have a zero width at one end and a (say) 1/16" width at the other that then switches back to zero for the leader line.
#50812 by gfinn
Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:06 pm
Yeah Neil, probably really really tiny.. too small to bother zooming in on, too numerous to enlarge one by one or replace with a symbol... but that is what it looks like I have to do .....

They were created in Microstation.. exported to DWG and then imported to Datacad.... I mean... I know already... what can I expect... but the arrowheads showed up fine in Autocad 2009, so am I being really unreasonable to expect them to import into Datacad? My clients, gov't agencies generally, expect to receive Autocad compatible files on completion for their archives. Even though that doesn't sound fair, that's just the way life is without causing an argument with fee paying civil servants... and us little guys can argue all we like about how much more efficient it is to use Datacad to no avail. We have to provide Autocad compatible files on completion... with good looking arrowheads. :)

Gaz
#50833 by gfinn
Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:16 pm
hehe. Yeah. I'm not a fan of microstation.
I'm not using arrow heads... placing filled circles instead. :p At least I do not have to rotate them. That's kind of annoying but has saved a day or two of drafting.

Gaz