Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#5110 by David Porter
Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:13 am
Neil,

Good to know about Iranview. I used to use that program as my digital photo viewer back about 5 or so years ago when it first came out. Didn't know it had improved to also serve as a good viewer of Tiff files. I will download it and check it out.

Thanks.
#5111 by David Porter
Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:18 am
Neil,

I did try out Irfanview for viewing tiffs. I find it a little "stiff" in its controls abilities for panning, zooming, rotating the image, and clarity of the viewed image. The Brava Reader that I posted about, I think, provides about the easiest tools for zipping around and zoomed in on a tiff and at the highest clarify of any tiff viewer that I have found.

To each his own, I suppose.
#5123 by Dick Eades
Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:41 am
#5132 by joshhuggins
Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:22 am
#5136 by archjjg
Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:48 pm
#5138 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:03 pm
TIFF (Tagged Image File Format) is a file format used mainly for storing raster images. It is generally considered the standard format for storing high color-depth images.

Dave
Last edited by David A. Giesselman on Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
#5205 by David Porter
Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:57 am
#5211 by joshhuggins
Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:00 pm
Thanks for the reply David. Our print shop has the capability to process the PDF's directly, but the processing takes quite a while for them, and slows them down. We process them here for them as a background task. The Processed tiffs also compress down smaller than the pdfs for the electronic transfer. It's one of those we'll scratch their back if they scratch ours kind of deals. Thanks again for the helpful thinking :wink: