Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#58672 by lswatts
Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:16 am
I'm doing a set of as builts for a building owner. All he has is a PDF of one level. I used a PDF to dwg translator, but once in datacad it is not to scale. 1:1
How do I get it into datacads world?
Thanks, Larry
#58674 by MtnArch
Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:59 am
As long as you know the dimension of one thing within the drawing (the overall length of a wall, the width of a door, etc.) import it as you're doing and then just do an Enlargement (Edit/Enlarge/(set the center)/Enlargement/Cal. Dist.). If you're trying to do it when you import it you'll have to play around a little - it could be by a factor of 12, but then it could also be by a factor that is some wacky number too. With the Enlargement trick you have full control over what you're using as the control dimension.

Good luck!
#58676 by lswatts
Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:45 pm
I hadn't seen the enlargement tool. It makes full sense, as I perform a similar function in sketchup.

However, when I tried your method I found that I didn't know what to do after it prompted me to select and
entity. What I need to select is the entire drawing. How do I do that without breaking out of the routine?
(I can select a line and it works)

Thanks\

Larry
#58677 by Roger D
Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:23 pm
should be able to change from F1 entity to F3 Area, make sure all layers are on, and that you have zoomed out beyond the extents of all items, then select the whole screen for your area.
#58678 by MtnArch
Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:55 pm
Thanks for clarifying that for me Roger - I should have added those steps in my description (ie. Zoom All, change to F3/Area)!
#58679 by David A. Giesselman
Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:25 am
Roger D wrote:should be able to change from F1 entity to F3 Area, make sure all layers are on, and that you have zoomed out beyond the extents of all items, then select the whole screen for your area.

[Ctrl]+A works pretty well here too! :wink:

Dave