Forum dedicated to drawing translation issues.
#45032 by Nick Pyner
Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:54 pm
#45033 by slbva
Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:48 pm
#45034 by Nick Pyner
Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:54 pm
#45036 by slbva
Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:24 am
#45043 by MtnArch
Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:57 pm
#45050 by artmanvt2000
Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:21 pm
It has been my experience that, that text issue happens. Autocad and Datacad text settings work differently and that is just the way it is. I also send the engineers/consultants a pdf file for viewing and printing and a dwg file just for there backgrounds. They don't need our text for there work. Plus sending pdf's is better. You don't need someone out there "altering" your work.
#45055 by NCordero
Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:42 pm
i havent noticed the text enlarge when i export to dwg, but the aspect ratio of the text does change, because dwg uses a measurement that is opposite to datacad when it comes to changing the aspect ratio. Now i just try to use a standard font, that way the shift is minimal when i do export a drawing. I know that sending sending the team pdf's is alot easier, but on our projects we need to share drawings for coordiantion. We xref mech, and struct. backgrounds and the engineers xref our arch backgrounds into their drawings. if you are exporting for coordination, the text issue shouldnt really matter, most of the text layers will be turned off by the engineers either way, and if you are exporting for plotting, i think pdf's should be the way. Just my 2 cents.
#61735 by Kent A. Wittwer
Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:37 am
Ya know I have been complaining about this enlarged text issue ever since I can remember and it STILL doesn't work correctly or the way we would expect it to work. Seems silly as hell that something as basic as text which is a HUGE part of our drawings can not work correctly between programs. It is even worse when it is a drawing that originates for AutoJUNK then comes to DataCAD and then back to AutoCRAP... the text is all whacked out. Change anything with a line of text and it magically moves up a tad?!?! Silly.

Have I ever told you how much I hate autostaph?!?! BUT when I use DataCAD and export to the junky program I end up with more junk that I am assuming is created or whatever in DataCAD... Once again, silly.

Here is to wishing there is some sort of fix for this mess. Text is a major part of the process and I shouldn't have to stick with some basic font to hopefully make it work... which in most cases still messes up.

Kent