What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#65142 by joshhuggins
Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:40 pm
-Carry over wishlist place holder -
Last edited by joshhuggins on Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#65143 by joshhuggins
Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:47 pm
Can't tell you how many issues an ini option that would only update objects which have lock scale turned on when switching GTV's with saved scales would fix/improve things for us. Not sure if something like this would be of benefit for those using MSP, but I would think it probably could be. Not having everything change/resize when you want to plot something at a scale other than the final output scale is a pain when using Lock scale. Works well when each GTV is planed and designed around specific scales and being able to share symbols/layers across different plans and scales is great.
#65144 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:54 pm
Josh:

Just so I understand this, you don't want Lockscale objects to change when the output scale is changed unless it is via a GTV with a saved plot scale? Trying to wrap my feeble head around this.

Dave
#65146 by joshhuggins
Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:47 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:you don't want Lockscale objects to change when the output scale is changed unless it is via a GTV with a saved plot scale?
Yup, you got it. Feeble ha, yeah right!
#65148 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:28 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Yup, you got it. Feeble ha, yeah right!

Dude, you design stuff. I just sit here and type all day. I can't even draw a straight line without a ruler and consultant.

Dave
#65149 by joshhuggins
Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:51 pm
But YOU design the tools that empower me to be able to design stuff. Without Datacad, I would be in another profession as I can't draw my way out of a paper bag by hand. Probably would be a lonely, broke stand up comedian.
#65150 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:16 pm
joshhuggins wrote:... Probably would be a lonely, broke stand up comedian.

Awesome. Now I've got that vision (Josh standing on a poorly lit stage, dodging beer bottles) in my head to keep me awake tonight. Thanks buddy!

Cheers!
Dave (Moving Josh's Wishlist items to the nether regions of my desk)
#65196 by joshhuggins
Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:54 pm
When we export to DWG Datacad locks the folder up (can't move or rename, etc.) until Datacad is closed. Would be nice if it gave up control once the export process is complete.
#65226 by wvar
Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:32 am
Please can we have datacad Xref DWG files without having to convert them to AEC first.
#65240 by Robert Scott
Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:15 pm
Would love to get a roof modeler. Would live with incorporating RB Tools into DC. Best case would be the roof modeler from old DC Plus.
#65469 by joshhuggins
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:23 pm
Wish for maybe a path entry we could set that Datacad could default back to if the last folder opened does not exist instead or recreating that folder. Chances are if it doesn't exist, it's because I don't want it to exist anymore :wink: Similar for missing bitmaps folders. Thanks.
#65470 by jimgoodman
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:55 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Wish for maybe a path entry we could set that Datacad could default back to if the last folder opened does not exist instead or recreating that folder. Chances are if it doesn't exist, it's because I don't want it to exist anymore :wink: Similar for missing bitmaps folders. Thanks.

Yes Indeed - kind of like the living dead having these deleted folders popping back up.
#65525 by joshhuggins
Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:21 am
S-Clip voids? :D
#65648 by joshhuggins
Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:47 pm
Would be nice if when using drop downs in the different entity property dialogs, that they would auto apply without having to hit the apply button.