What features would you like to see added to a future version of DataCAD?
#65650 by MtnArch
Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:45 pm
I'll second that motion!
#65697 by joshhuggins
Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:45 pm
Would be nice if we could tag an xref so it would be suppress from being displayed when viewing the model in O2C.
#65762 by joshhuggins
Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:28 pm
Would be nice if the MultiWindows could have Shade enabled and also Auto Update.
#65766 by Robert Scott
Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:52 pm
Hoping this is something I've missed: Would like to see a Dimension/Change/TXT positon that includes a horizontal or vertical offset OR dir/distance input.
I'm little anal about moving text that is overlapping and not having control of placement.

Bob
#65772 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:07 pm
Could we get an option so that if there is a More... button in a menu that the scroll wheel would scroll in and out of the next menu?
#65914 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:35 pm
I want more. You want more. Everyone wants more. Icon III & Icon IV for President! :mrgreen:
#66039 by joshhuggins
Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:03 pm
I was thinking about the requests for more toolbars again and the more I thought about it what would be ideal would be if there could be a list of all the .DTB files in the Toolbars folder that could be loaded similar to how the macro system works. Not being limited to a predefined number of toolbars would just about bridge the gap of not being able to have sub-menu drop downs in toolbars.
Attachments
toolbars.jpg
toolbars.jpg (129.35 KiB) Viewed 15891 times
#66187 by joshhuggins
Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:47 pm
When creating multiple hatch/fills we like to use Move, To Back to move the hatch/fills behind the other linework to make the lines easier to select while working and for visual aid. Going thru and picking each hatch/fill to move behind can be tedious. I don't know if it would be possible, but it would be handy of we could use Move, To Back, on multiple entities via eGAFM. If we could use say Area, and then set to Mask by color and polylines it would be a great help. Not knowing exactly how the file database works, if the selection of entities could keep their relative order to other corresponding entities on that same layer when being moved behind the non-selected entities on the same layer that would be perfect. Think about how if we use Ctrl+Left Click to select multiple random layers in the Layer Manager, and then drag that selection of layers to a new position in the layer list and how the moved layers remain in the same order relative to their previous order to each other, but are now located in their new location relative to all the other layers. I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but since it works so well for layers I thought it might be a similar operation. Thanks for the ears.
#66189 by Mark Bell
Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:47 pm
This would be a useful addition. If possible, we'd also like the ability to create transparent fills and fills where we can set the percentage of solid v transparent. The solid colors when printed can (are) mostly too strong on the prints. I prefer to use the map to pen colors with percentage density lowered to improve the presentation of the drawings but the pen table is limited to pens 9-15 to achieve this which becomes very restrictive.
#66191 by joshhuggins
Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:16 pm
Mark Bell wrote:This would be a useful addition. If possible, we'd also like the ability to create transparent fills and fills where we can set the percentage of solid v transparent. The solid colors when printed can (are) mostly too strong on the prints. I prefer to use the map to pen colors with percentage density lowered to improve the presentation of the drawings
Agreed. Since we can now map directly to any color, and I can't imagine anyone is using a plotter/printer that requires using density as a work around anymore. The color itself should be used to set the "brightness" of the color for things like screens and density should become the opacity of the objects.

Mark Bell wrote:but the pen table is limited to pens 9-15 to achieve this which becomes very restrictive.
Same here. We use colors to define print ordering so we can layer entities that may exists on a same layer by their color without having to do the WYSIWYG display order dance of Move to back/front. Bringing knockouts into the mix ate up the last of our spare pens we could map and left us needing more so we could use color to define when an object should display above a knockout. Anywho, without going down a rabbit hole here, we need more pens too :D . My old wish for 256 colors with their own settings that don't need to be mapped to a pen seems the way to go to me.
Attachments
color_pens.png
color_pens.png (22.53 KiB) Viewed 15673 times
#66194 by Mark Bell
Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:23 pm
Hi Josh,

Having 256 pen assignments each being able to be mapped to a different color AND individual percentage density setting would be ideal. My present 'work around' for additional suitable colors (softer/not 100% density) beyond pens 9-15 is to map to a bitmap image of the color/shade I need. It's a bit cumbersome but does work. Your earlier suggestion would be a big improvement on this.
#66195 by Mark Bell
Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:28 pm
A quick fix maybe to add a scrollbar to the Pen Table Pen Settngs menu to match the Pen Assignments allowing all 256 pen numbers to be listed and their corresponding width, percent density and map to color?
#66220 by joshhuggins
Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:55 pm
Had a co-worker put in a request for a way to copy to multiple layers in one command. So maybe something like Copy, To Layer, and S5 position could be a S5 Multiple toggle and when picked before selecting a layer, the layer list would stay active allowing multiple layers to be selected, and then once a layer had been picked with S5 Multiple, S5 could change to S5 Begin and when clicked we could start picking the entities to be copied? If a layer is selected before S5 Multiple is turned on then it would be like implied single layer selection and it would jump directly to the entity selection process.
#66245 by joshhuggins
Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:43 pm
It would be handy if when setting a Mask using Pattern, that we could use implied select to pick the pattern.