Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#65805 by joshhuggins
Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:42 pm
If you had previously set the Insert Symbol Enlargement factor to anything other than 1, and then enable Symbol Scale, that enlargement factor becomes a factor in the scaling of the symbol using Symbol Scale. It should always treat the factor as 1 or ignore it when Symbol Scale is enabled I would think. Especially important when we have symbol scale remembered on a per folder basis and may not know that the last non-symbol scale enlargement factor maybe something other than 1 and could insert a symbol at in incorrect scale. Tried to think of a reason where this might be desired but couldn't think of one. If there is a use case I would please ask for an ini option then so we can have it always be treated as 1 with symbol scale turned on. Would also like the last enlargement factor to be remembered for the next time symbol scale should be turned off, as it is handy to not have to recalculate something if possible. Thanks :D
#66357 by joshhuggins
Sun May 03, 2015 11:28 pm
joshhuggins wrote:If you had previously set the Insert Symbol Enlargement factor to anything other than 1, and then enable Symbol Scale, that enlargement factor becomes a factor in the scaling of the symbol using Symbol Scale. It should always treat the factor as 1 or ignore it when Symbol Scale is enabled I would think. Especially important when we have symbol scale remembered on a per folder basis and may not know that the last non-symbol scale enlargement factor maybe something other than 1 and could insert a symbol at in incorrect scale.
This is still an annoying little buggie in 17.02.00.09, thanks.
#66358 by jimgoodman
Mon May 04, 2015 7:26 am
The only time it would be good to have a scaleable symbol inserted at something other than full size would be for something like a door or window symbol that needs to be reduced slightly to fit a particular situation. In this case, the symbol would still want to be scaleable for detail plans, etc.

Some sort of warning or automatic reset to 1.0 would be good however.
#66374 by Dave
Wed May 06, 2015 6:38 pm
jimgoodman wrote:The only time it would be good to have a scaleable symbol inserted at something other than full size would be for something like a door or window symbol that needs to be reduced slightly to fit a particular situation. In this case, the symbol would still want to be scaleable for detail plans, etc.

Some sort of warning or automatic reset to 1.0 would be good however.

In a previous life and cad I used symbol scale all the time. All my kitchen plans where drawn this way. I had each type of cabinet - e.g. 1 door, 2 door, 3 draw, 4 draw etc, drawn at 1.0 meter wide as a floor plan with the front elevation drawn a couple of meters above it the same width. Floor plan was dimensioned to show the 1.0m. When placing I would set the x scale to what I wanted e.g. .45 and leave the y scale at 1, then rotate would get set to suite 0, 90, 135 whatever. When placed this gave me the floor plan and elevations drawn around the floor plan. The dim changed to reflect the scaled length. Could knock out a kitchen plan quick smart with this. And if that system had had xref's it would have been even quicker.

Using the scale option meant not having to have as many symbols.

Was waiting for parametric symbols to come available so I could add more detail to them that would not scale e.g side panels 16mm thick

Dave