Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#66019 by Clayton Taylor
Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:25 am
To DC HQ,

I was wondering, is there anyway to have some of the tool bars available permanently rather than linked to the context pop-up menu selection.

Congrats to DC on the G2 Crowd awards, this should give a boost to product awareness.

Over & out,
Clayton.
#66020 by melina
Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:40 am
This is a cheat - not exactly what you are asking for (which would be great)...
I have a context toolbar attached to Edit & Utility menus, so whenever I go back to those (or hit semicolon/colon) that third "pseudo-permanent" toolbar comes up. Stuff like my favorite change attribute combinations, temporary key combos I can change per project, etc. That, in addition to the custom expansion of the standard toolbar and the two permanent custom bars, add a lot of permanent toolbar buttons.
#66023 by Paul Nida
Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:18 am
I edited my standard "Edit" toolbar to add an icon I wanted to be available all the time. Since you can choose which two toolbars are always displayed in the "Program Preferences" menu, you could just make your own toolbar to display.
#66024 by Clayton Taylor
Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:01 am
Paul Nida wrote:I edited my standard "Edit" toolbar to add an icon I wanted to be available all the time. Since you can choose which two toolbars are always displayed in the "Program Preferences" menu, you could just make your own toolbar to display.

Hi Paul,

I've never gone under the bonnet of DC to do this custom stuff, I've just had a look at the DC menu on how to, but my brains started to melt, just hate this stuff. To be specific, I just wanted the polyline menu icon toolbar up all the time, but have now set it under to context menu to pop-up when I hit the "change" main toolbar, that seems o.k.

Over & out,
Clayton.
#66025 by melina
Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:26 am
You are not alone, Clay, which is why I would agree being able to have more permanent toolbar options would be helpful to all users.
#66026 by joshhuggins
Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:58 am
Sounds like what we need is more toolbars ;)
#66028 by Paul Nida
Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:13 pm
I would agree that it would be a nice option to have more toolbars available at the same time. As far as editing the toolbar files, it is not very difficult really. I think Josh has some information on his site for editing and creating them if I'm not mistaken.