Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#66233 by artmanvt2000
Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:36 am
Is there a way to manually select the object snapping type without having the snapping type on in the running object snap. Example; if I was drawing lines to an arc/circle and wanted to select tangent for one use, can I hit a series of keys to use the tangent object snapping for one use?
#66238 by joshhuggins
Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:17 am
In the next update 17.02, Dave has added a wonderful new enhancement to the Get X & Y context snapping menu that gives you access to all the available/appropriate snap features. In the example screenshot I have Tangents turned off in my Object Snap menu. I started a line, then I used Shift+Snap (middle mouse button for me), and it gives me all the available snapping options for that point.

If you have a subscription plan, you can get access to the latest beta release to test it out, or just wait for it's release. I am not sure if there is a target release date for 17.02 but would think it's getting close, but that's just my guess. I would also guess this will only be available for those with a subscription plan until v.18 is released.
Attachments
getsnappy.png
Snappy New Menu
getsnappy.png (5.79 KiB) Viewed 4895 times