Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#66696 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:21 am
Hello,

I have been having XRefs not appearing on the screen, and it may be related to using GTV Link. This morning, I opened the building floor plan file that has each of the room plans XRef'd in, and when I first opened it, it was fine. I think switched to a GTV of a different floor, and then reopened the GTV of the 22nd floor - and 4 of the XRefs do not appear.

I then when done the list in the RFM and reselected the GTV in each XRef that I want to show in the building plan, and they reappear.

Ah, the XRefs that were not showing up were some of the rooms that are nested XRefs - and the refreshing was not "pushing" through to the nested plans.

To explain: all the plans we are calling "normal" are native in their own files, and then about 3/4's of those are XRef'd into the mirrored version of those room types. Then the building plan is using XRefs of both the "normal" rooms and the mirrored rooms, which are the nested XRefs that were "resisting" being refreshed.
Last edited by Neil Blanchard on Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
#66697 by Roger D
Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:27 am
Sometimes this happens if somehow the GTV Link in the xref manager get's turned off for an xref. This I think has to be set for each xref individually.
But when you turn it back on, it does remember the GTV links.
#66702 by joshhuggins
Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:38 am
Roger D wrote:Sometimes this happens if somehow the GTV Link in the xref manager get's turned off for an xref.
Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone been seeing the GTV Link turned off automatically after it was set to on before? We seem to be doing something here that turns off GTV Link at random and can't put a finger on why it gets turned off sometimes.
#66704 by Roger D
Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:44 pm
When I erase a xref by mistake, and then ctrl-z to udo, the GTV link is turned off, but when turned back on, all the GTV liniks work.
#66705 by joshhuggins
Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:08 pm
Roger D wrote:When I erase a xref by mistake, and then ctrl-z to udo, the GTV link is turned off, but when turned back on, all the GTV liniks work.
Ahhh that's probably it Roger, I snag xrefs all the time and undo an erase on them. Maybe Big Dave can fix that up for us? :mrgreen: Having the xrefs loose their GTV link is kind of a big deal for us. Thanks guys!
#66714 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:42 am
Roger D wrote:When I erase a xref by mistake, and then ctrl-z to udo, the GTV link is turned off, but when turned back on, all the GTV liniks work.

Fixed for the next build.

Dave
#66720 by joshhuggins
Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:56 am
Thanks Dave. FYI, I went to tell a co-worker about this getting fixed and he said it's happening to xrefs on locked layers as well, which couldn't have been erased/undone. So there might be another glitch somewhere also.
#66726 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:18 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Thanks Dave. FYI, I went to tell a co-worker about this getting fixed and he said it's happening to xrefs on locked layers as well, which couldn't have been erased/undone. So there might be another glitch somewhere also.

Josh,

Please ask him to try and localize what sequence of functions causes this to happen. Without being able to reproduce the problem here, it's akin to a software bug snipe-hunt.
#66727 by dmartens
Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:24 pm
I have the same problem here in 15 and since it still happens in 17 then another way I lose the link is if I have a wall section which is a clipped xref of the building section and use insertion point in MSP layout the GTV link gets turned off. And when that happens the nesting toggle also changes back to on.

Dan M
#66728 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:27 pm
dmartens wrote:I have the same problem here in 15 and since it still happens in 17 then another way I lose the link is if I have a wall section which is a clipped xref of the building section and use insertion point in MSP layout the GTV link gets turned off. And when that happens the nesting toggle also changes back to on.

Hmm, I can't seem to make it happen following those steps Dan. Anyone else?

Dave
#66730 by dmartens
Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:46 pm
Of course neither can I now. If I remember the dwg it was happening in I will re-post. And sorry for the mistake but it was a self-xref of the bldg. section I used for the wall section. Thanks.

Dan M
#66731 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 pm
dmartens wrote:Of course neither can I now. If I remember the dwg it was happening in I will re-post. And sorry for the mistake but it was a self-xref of the bldg. section I used for the wall section. Thanks.

Dan:

If you can find the drawing in which it was happening or can cause it another drawing, please forward the file to help@datacad.com so I can have a look at it. On occasion, little niggles like this can be drawing dependent due to corrupt data somewhere.

Regards,
Dave
#66732 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:51 pm
dmartens wrote:Of course neither can I now. ...

You know my baby isn't going to misbehave when I'm watching! :wink:

Dave