Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#66836 by Paustin
Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:04 am
Working remotely on my laptop, I have a different printer driver than the one we use in the office. (when working on my laptop I am using a HP print driver to print to file - no printer attached). When I open the print/plot menu, datacad freezes at the message: "checking output device availability please wait".
Shouldn't the program default if the printer is naot available and allow me to choose a new one?
#66837 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:09 am
While in DataCAD with that drawing open, press [Ctrl]+[Shift] to clear the current printer settings.

Regards,
Dave
#66838 by MtnArch
Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:54 am
This happens on my laptop w/ Win 8.1 Pro but not on my desktop running Win 7 Pro, so I've always assumed it was how Win 8.1 was communicating.
#66841 by Roger D
Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:10 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:While in DataCAD with that drawing open, press [Ctrl]+[Shift] to clear the current printer settings.

Is there a published list somewhere that has these undocumented default setters.
#66842 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:26 pm
Mark F. Madura wrote:I think it's [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [C] to clear the printer settings.

You are correct Sir!