Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#66968 by Stuart Jackson
Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:07 pm
OK Ladies and Gents, 27 years on DCAD and I'm really stumped.

Have a solid fill that's LT MGTA under White Text, on the screen everything's OK but when I go to Print Preview the text changes to BLACK...????

Yes TTF
Text and Fill are on separate layers
Yes "Map fill colors to pen colors" checked
Bitmaps and Fills "Print First" checked
New Pen Table (saved from edited v16 original)
Only four colors, White 1, Red 4, Lt Mgta 2, Dk Gray 3, all 0.25 and 100% w/ colors matched
Pen Sort is off, WYSIWYG on
Printer in "FoxIt Reader PDF Printer", no change using "PDF-XChange Printer 2012"

Funny thing is when I change the text to Red on Lt Mgta Fill it's fine, switch back to White on Lt Mgta and it goes back to black.

Someone knows what's going on, Dave G.?
Last edited by Stuart Jackson on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#66974 by joshhuggins
Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:49 pm
I am not sure how WYSIWYG works with the display option Layer Order if you have Last turned on, but might check and see if Last or First is turned and see if it related to your layer order and how it's printing.
#66975 by Stuart Jackson
Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:59 pm
joshhuggins wrote:I am not sure how WYSIWYG works with the display option Layer Order if you have Last turned on, but might check and see if Last or First is turned and see if it related to your layer order and how it's printing.

Nope DisplayList>Layer Order has no effect on the plot color, tried it anyway to be sure. Fills and bitmaps are already printing first.
#66976 by joshhuggins
Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:17 pm
If you want to post or send me the file and pen table I can play with it. joshATjoshhuggins.com
#66977 by Stuart Jackson
Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:24 pm
Paul Nida wrote:Have you tried setting the color to the lightest custom gray?

That did the trick! Changed the White pen "Map to Color" RGB values to 254 and saved the new "Custom Color".

Experimenting with colored pen palettes and settings isn't something I had much need of. Thanks for the lesson Paul.

Come to think of it I may have done this around 20 years ago for one of my daughter's school projects.... :D