Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#66978 by acormond
Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:38 pm
I just updated my system to Windows 10. When I bring up DataCad 17 and try to bring up the Layers Manager the whole of DataCad locks up. I have to kill it with the Task Manager. This happens when editing an old drawing or when creating a new one. It would take me a very long time to re-install Windows 7 so what do I do? (By the way, if there were a 64 bit version of DataCad which ran on Linux that would be wonderful.)
#66979 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:50 pm
It sounds as though the Layer Manager is opening off-screen. Try holding down the [Ctrl]+[Shift] keys when you open then Layer Manager. This will force it to open in its default position.

Regards,
Dave
#66983 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:16 am
The dialog box is opening, but the computer "thinks" it is in a position on the desktop where you cannot actually see it. If you have had a computer set up with two monitors, and then you run it with just one, or you changed the resolution of one or both of the monitors, then this can cause this to happen.
#66984 by acormond
Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:22 pm
What? Now it works! It didn't many times. Mark must have intervened from afar.