Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#67051 by jimgoodman
Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:05 am
When double clicking on a symbol for editing, DataCAD is crashing after presenting the following error:
Double Click Symbol error.png
Double Click Symbol error.png (16.22 KiB) Viewed 4948 times

I usually have to restart the computer to get DataCAD stopped and ready to go again.

I am able to edit the symbol via the context menu without a problem.
#67052 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:54 am
Might want to copy the contents of that symbol out to a new symbol to replace the original?
#67061 by jimgoodman
Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:06 am
This is happening with multiple symbols in multiple drawings, so I am suspecting some obscure bug, especially since the same symbols can be edited using the context menu without issue. In fact these symbols can be edited using the double-click method when restarting DataCAD after the crash.

I will try to see if I can identify a better pattern.
#67062 by joshhuggins
Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:54 am
Do you get any crashes when picking symbols from the symbol browser? Or purging symbols? I was seeing these two last night a lot in the file I was working in. Haven't had a chance to test in other files yet. Nothing in the log files, the drawing just closes. On a crunch, will try to report more when I can.