Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#67282 by GARY247
Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:44 am
Is there any way to be able to create a polyline within a contour that has arcs, circles and straight lines? I keep getting the message that the contour is not closed. I went thru and check to see if all the lines were connected and it still did not work. I also increased the miss distance and that did not help.
#67289 by GARY247
Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:08 pm
I think it is having problems with arcs. If I take a brick moulding and try to turn it into a polyline by continuous search it will not work. I was taking Marvin windows cad drawings and trying to turn the sections that are lines into polylines.
#67290 by MtnArch
Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:04 pm
Whenever I have a complex area that has arcs that I want hatched it seems that the contour search either takes forever or it won't find the boundary and I have to kill the search. I've gotten used to spending the time picking the boundary vertices and arcs.
#67291 by Roger D
Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:10 pm
Sometimes when the Arc\Polyline\Edit\LinetoPolyline doesn't work, I'll go back and use the old Polyline macro and sometimes that will work.
#67298 by Rashid Garuba
Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:33 am
TIP: These days whenever there are complex areas I know contour search will have trouble I pre-draw dotted lines with 1ft spacing around the complex areas so contour search doesn't have to deal with the arcs. A dotted line at 1ft spacing can't be seen easily and doesn't print so you can leave them there. Other times polylines with knockouts carefully used eliminate the whole problem.