Need advice on hardware? Ask questions and share your opinions here.
#67630 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:18 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:Dave, does that mouse have heavy duty buttons? What is the battery life like? Does it use the unified receiver?

Neil:

1. I don't know what "heavy duty" buttons are.
  2. I've gone about 3 weeks between charges. If it runs low, it will give a full day's usage from a quick, 4 minute charge.
  3. It uses either bluetooth or the Unifying receiver.

It also uses Logitech's Darkfield laser giving it the ability to track on almost any surface, even glass!

Dave
#67632 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:06 am
Hi Dave,

I just mean that the buttons are designed to hold up to millions of clicks, or not. I would guess that they are - since this is Logitech's top of the line mouse (though not specifically called a gaming mouse).

Here is a useful review - that mentions the buttons are rated for 10 Million clicks:

http://www.slashgear.com/logitech-mx-master-review-the-ambitious-mouse-24374911/

So, not as long as the 60 Million keystrokes on my new Corsair K70 keyboard with Cherry MX Red switches - but pretty good, nonetheless.

I like that it has features that are useful for Macs - I upgraded to the latest version of OS X and it broke my Magic Mouse. :-( I am using a Logitech M-705, which does not have very robust buttons. It has AMAZING battery life - like 3+ YEARS, but for me, the buttons break before the batteries run low.
#78245 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:19 pm
Here's a robust mouse that is very light - the Glorious Model D:

https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/glorious-model-d-matte-black

It is 68 grams, and the cord is virtually unnoticeable. At $50 it is a excellent value. They do sell a so-called bungee which is a weighted stand that holds the cord up off the desk, so it is even less noticeable - this is just $15.

The Model D is a medium to large size mouse. If you want a smaller (lighter) one, you can get the Model D- which is lower profile. They both use an excellent Logitech sensor, and are elegant designs.

#78256 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:08 pm
Here's my Glorious Model D along with their so-called bungee, that suspends the already compliant cord above the desk - so it has virtually no friction. I am a longtime fan of wireless mice - except for the issue of battery life; and this is an excellent overall solution, for me.
Glorious Model D+Bungee.jpg

The 2 metal bits on the bungee are springs.
#78930 by PaulR
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:25 pm
Hi Neil,

Does this mouse move smoothly? I have been using Dcad for about a decade in VMware Fusion on my Mac but with the latest update of Fusion, the mouse just is a little jumpy no matter what settings I use for acceleration and deceleration. I am using a Rival 600 gaming mouse which I like a lot because it is so configurable. I only have the jumpy issue in Dcad.
#78940 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:53 am
Yes, it is smooth. It has an excellent sensor, and it is wired, and you can set the DPI to what ever you want. Lower DPI means more accurate, and higher means faster motion. It doesn't have acceleration, as far as I know.

It is very light, so you don't want to grip it too hard, so it stays in contact with your pad.

Edit: I don't know id this mouse is compatible with Mac OS - so that could be a snag. I am checking with my in-house mouse expert, my son Nicolas ...
Edit 2: He says yes, it should work on the Mac side, but you can only run the software (which controls the lights, and lets you set the DPI setting you want to use, and set what you want the buttons to do. For default settings, you don't need the software.