Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#68024 by Ben at TJB Architects
Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:37 pm
I want to create a Command Alias that opens and takes me directly to the Orphaned Reference Manager.
How do I get to the Insert menu on the toolbar?

Insert.PNG
Insert.PNG (24.44 KiB) Viewed 10663 times

Can I?
Is Command Alias limited to just Edit and Utility menus?
#68026 by Roger D
Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:04 pm
Another way would be edit the DcadWin.mnu file under C:\DataCAD 18\Support Files\Messages and Labels

Orphans|CTRL+ALT+O|

This will open the manger using CTRL+ALT+O command.
Note, you can modify any line like this, but the keystroke between the || lines.
Can use any combination of Ctrl Alt Shift Keys with a letter or number.
#68163 by Roger D
Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:37 pm
How can I pick a Custom Number Color in a command alias?
Trying to do a SBFill, and want to use Color 28 to shade an area grey.
#68164 by joshhuggins
Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:20 pm
You have to set the color in the linetype menu first.
Code: Select all=^;^S7^S7^S8^28$^S0^:^F5^S6^F8^
#68166 by Roger D
Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:20 pm
I'll have to give that a try. As always, there is more than one way to accomplish a task.
I just usually go to hatch, sbfill, setting to select the color, so by habit I wasn't considering other options.
#68169 by Roger D
Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:58 pm
That changes the line color, but when the fill is set to another color from a previous fill command, it does not change the fill color, just the perimeter line color.
Back to the coding board.
#68170 by joshhuggins
Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:30 pm
Hi Roger, so you mentioned that you normally use the SBF Settings dialog normally to set your SBF color. When you use that dialog the only way to use that color selector is to un-check the Entity check box which then picking a color on the right forces that color to override the color of the fill. This is helpful when you need to have a fill print with a different color, but then you can still use the SBF entity's color to determine the print/pen table order. Is there a reason you need to have the SBF fill a different color than it's entity color? If not, I would recommend keeping the Entity box checked and just using your normal entity/current cursor color for your fills and then the code I used will work for ya. If you do have to have the SBF polyline entity color different than the fill color, then you will manually pick the color like you currently do. I don't think there is a direct code to access that color selector. Ideally I like to have it set to Entity so I know the color I see is the color/pen color order I am going to get since I use the Pen table vs. WYSIWYG. We do use that color override with WYSIWYG ordering as a workaround for being limited to 15 levels of pen order, but thankfully those projects are not the norm. It also helps with whiteout/drawing over images in Datacad.
#68193 by Roger D
Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:16 pm
Ok, I usually don't fill with outline on, so I can I can use the entity color. Took a while to get it to work today. Had to resolve another issue, since what I am try to quicken up is when I insert schedules or note sets from excel (which keeps the formating better).
The border underline and any shading comes in as white polygons filled in black, and they have the outline different than the fill. So what I have finally got it to do is
1. Change all to my text color
2. Do a new SBFill with Entity Checked so the polygons now use entity color
3. Change the border to a dark underline
4. Change the Fill to a lighter color
All based on the current cursor location located at the top of the insert.

Code: Select all^;^F0^F0^S1^F2^$^:^F5^S6^F2^$^;^F0^F0^S7^20^$^F5^S8^F5^F1^S7^F2^S0^S0^F2^$^;^F0^F0^S7^28^$^F5^S0^F1^$

Now many key strokes and selects are completed with 4 hits, Crtl-Space-N-Enter

Want to at the end to pick next note set, but get that I've exceeded the macro character limit
Code: Select allªNext^©N
#68194 by joshhuggins
Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:18 pm
Are you trying to create a looping macro so you can apply it multiple times? I have never been able to do it with a keystroke macro that I could get to end. Would have to write a DCAL macro for it I think.
#68195 by Roger D
Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:28 pm
that is what I was trying. I think if it was not to long, a Ctrl-Break would end the loop, if I recall a previous try at doing a loop at another alias a couple years ago.