Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#68197 by greenbergman
Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:21 pm
Using a Logitech M570 Trackman, the middle button click on the scroll wheel has stopped working all of a sudden. It works on a Microsoft mouse. I tried another older trackman and that didn't work either. The n button works. Both trackmen are setting to middle click. I don't know how to check the middle click function on other programs, so I don't know if it is specifically a DataCad issue. Suggestions? Thanks. David
#68198 by joshhuggins
Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:50 pm
To test in another app try a web browser. Visit a "tall" webpage, click the middle button, and see if you get a vertical scroll icon and try scrolling by moving the mouse up or down. Click the middle mouse button to end the mouse scroll.

If it doesn't work, try uninstalling any Logitech drivers you have installed and install the latest from Logitech's website for your device.
#68199 by greenbergman
Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:06 pm
Thanks Josh. That did work. I get a small circle with up and down arrows in it and then can scroll using the trackball. Does that mean it's DataCad issue?
#68200 by joshhuggins
Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:55 pm
I can't think of a way to disable middle button snapping in Datacad. Do you have the latest version of SetPoint installed? If so make sure the wheel/middle button is set to Middle Button or Middle Click.
#68204 by joshhuggins
Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:10 am
tigere wrote:The wheel as snap was very handy when it worked until it didn't in V12 - I just gave up V15 and V18.
Are you saying you haven't had middle button snapping since v.12? Yikes! :shock: Gotta figure that out for sure!
#68206 by tigere
Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:13 am
Ummm well here I am red faced seated in the corner dunce hat and all. A simple set the middle button to: .....middle button, clearly stated on manual page 277 ... sheeesh :oops:
#68209 by greenbergman
Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:44 am
I found some obscure instructions on a Logitech forum: removed the battery in the trackball. Held the left and right mouse buttons down for 30 seconds and then blew air into the scroll wheel. (I couldn't find my compressed air can, so just blew it with my mouth.) And it works now.

Also, and I don't know if it's related, but when I had ortho turned on, the cursor was disappearing when I scrolled into the drawing window. That problem, too, has disappeared.

Gremlins.
#68210 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:48 am
greenbergman wrote:I found some obscure instructions on a Logitech forum: removed the battery in the trackball. Held the left and right mouse buttons down for 30 seconds and then blew air into the scroll wheel. (I couldn't find my compressed air can, so just blew it with my mouth.) And it works now.

Removing the battery and holding down the buttons will deplete the capacitor(s) inside. I would imagine that blowing air into the scroll wheel had a greater effect on solving the issue.

Dave
#68212 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:05 am
When one device works and another doesn't usually indicates a physical problem with the one that doesn't work. The switches on buttons that get heavy use definitely wear out. I have been using a gaming mouse for this reason; which have duty cycles in the 10's of millions of clicks.