Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#68238 by Tony Blasio
Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:43 pm
Hello all,

Its been awhile since I posted or lurked around. Hoping to get back up to speed with DataCAD 18 and have a specific question.

First off my experience with DataCAD tapered off at 14. I recently started using 18 and want to know what are the new features that I should focus on learning first?

Lastly, I am trying to get my INI file back where I had it so long ago. Isn't there a setting that when selecting by entity and you click in empty space that the mode switches to Area for you automatically? I can't find it and I miss it.

Thanks in advance!
#68239 by joshhuggins
Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:47 am
I would cruz thru the revision history. Anything xref, scaling or symbol related is worth checking out for sure. I tried searching thru the Rev History and the INI History for your area selection setting, but couldn't find it, sorry. :?
#68240 by David A. Giesselman
Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:59 am
Tony Blasio wrote:... Lastly, I am trying to get my INI file back where I had it so long ago. Isn't there a setting that when selecting by entity and you click in empty space that the mode switches to Area for you automatically? I can't find it and I miss it.

In the [General] section:

Auto Fence=TRUE

Dave
#68243 by Tony Blasio
Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:36 am
Josh,

I did skim thru the revision history. I was hoping to hear what features, since 14, you guys use most and rely on. Kind of making a priority list.
#68259 by Mark Bell
Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:30 pm
Welcome back! I'm not sure of the type of work you're doing but I'd give the smart parametrics a go combined with Xrefs, MSP, GTV and CC. You'll need to allocate some time to create your entity database (walls, doors, windows) that are more specific to your work. Another newbie to investigate is the inference snapping. Most of the extra features since v14 are smaller productivity updates throughout that you'll no doubt discover as you go to use certain commands.