Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#68407 by cgarchitect
Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:44 pm
I am helping out a fellow designer who is using version 18 and I am using version 14. After I have completed a drawing, I usually send it to him by simple file attachment in a email. I recently have tried the pack n go and have found some problems. When he puts the files in a folder and opens up a sheet file some of the references are there and some are not. I am not sure why its loosing some of the links even though all the files are in the same file folder. Does any one have any suggestions on what we are doing wrong? Does the file folder that I have have to be in the same file location on his computer AKA c:\ cad project \ client X for example?

Thanks
Paul :?
#68408 by MtnArch
Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:11 pm
Yes, the pathing must match on both computers - otherwise Dcad doesn't know where to look. This would be true in any program that references a file - including AckCad!