Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#65944 by sjohnoz
Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:23 am
I'm currently running v14 on XP. Looking now to upgrade OS to MS 8 or 8.1 Has anyone had any issues running v14?
Steve J.
Sydney
#65954 by Nick Pyner
Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:05 am
It shouldn't be a problem at all but, since you have gone on this long with XP, you might as well stick with it until Microsoft come out with a decent operating system. Windows 10 might be a possibility. I don't know what happened to Windows 9, it might have failed on the launchpad.

Further to this and since you are running XP, be aware that you might need to replace other items. When I installed W8, I found I was up for a new scanner, new Microsoft Office, and even a new mouse. And for what? Upgrading to XP was a better option.
#65971 by sjohnoz
Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:35 pm
Hi Nick
I take your comments onboard! It was also my need to upgrade to a new computer as my old Pentium was old and tired.
I also realise that I will need to upgrade some accessories as you have done. Have you had any problems in deactivating and activating to a new computer?
Regards Steve J.
#65975 by Dave
Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:37 pm
#67284 by steveng
Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:24 am
I just upgraded the workstations at my office from Windows XP on a Intel Core 2 duo, to Windows 7 on an Intel I5 4640, with 16gb of RAM. The difference has been astonishing. Also when you buy a copy of Windows 7 it comes with a free upgrade to Windows 10. We will eventually switch after some of the glitches are fixed.
#68420 by MtnArch
Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:14 am
The main pratfall I see with this, Clayton, is that if for some reason your internet connection isn't working when you try to open DC (no matter how reliable it is, there ARE glitches sometimes) you can't open the program until it can run home to mama server and verify that it's okay to start up.
#68425 by joshhuggins
Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:05 pm