Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#68649 by GARY247
Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:29 am
We have a tree symbol imported in from an Autocad drawing that was exploded and saved into a tree symbol file. It was exploded and saved. Now every time the symbol is edited it corrupts the drawing. In the preview what should be colored is turned to black. Even if you dump out of the drawing it is corrupted and does not return to its original state. Once the drawing is corrupted even editing tree symbols made in Datacad do not work correctly. Why is it doing this and how can it be corrected?
#68651 by MtnArch
Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:22 pm
Do you still have the original Acad file it came from? I would WBlock it out, open in Acad (or your favorite Acad clone), purge the living snot out of it, then open it as a separate file in Dcad to then save it back out as an AEC file/symbol.
#68655 by joshhuggins
Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:18 pm
Datacad 18 has a repair tool coming out in the near future that should be able to sniff out the bad parts and purge them. Might wait for that if you can and avoid using the symbol in the meantime.
#68660 by GARY247
Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:55 pm
Strange thing is what seems to happen is once this symbol is edited and saved I am no longer able to adjust the density of the color which was possible prior to editing the symbol. It stays the same no matter if it is 100 or 25. I have a road filled with color 126 and I cannot seem to alter the density, only the color of the fill. I tried doing a layer set to see if that would purge the drawing of any crap but it did not work.
#68917 by GARY247
Thu May 19, 2016 10:26 am
On further investigation it seems the tree symbol brought in from another software is affected by a change in scale. It prints in color just fine when printed in a 1:30 scale but the minute you change the scale in Datacad it reverts to all black. Any one have any clues how to fix this?
#68918 by MtnArch
Thu May 19, 2016 10:36 am
It sounds like it has some type of "level of detail" attribute within it. Not sure why it would work that way within DC, but stranger things have happened based on the import library.