Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#68663 by dirtsailor2003
Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:34 am
So we have a few drawings where the x-refs are changing line types randomly. NO the xref highlighting is not turned on. In fact in order to work around this we have to highlight the xref and pick original line type. Any thoughts ideas? This just started happening and its not happening to all xrefs in the drawing, just one. Even if we delete the xref and bring it back in it still does it.
#68664 by dirtsailor2003
Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:45 am
So a bit more on this, it appears that whatever line type was set when you close the drawing is what Datacad is changing the xref to. So if I close the drawing and the line type is dashed. Then open the drawing back up the xref will be dashed. Same thing goes if I try and insert a new xref into the drawing. If the line type is set to dashed, then the whole xref comes in dashed.
#68678 by dirtsailor2003
Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:52 pm
Okay, so now it is doing this in all of our drawings. What appears to be happening is the xref is taking on the line type setting that the layer it is on is set to. SO if its on layer "X" and layer "X" is set to solid all the line work in the xref is solid.

The only work around that I have found is to open the xref manager and highlight the xref with the highlight set to original line type.

Insulation line type looks great!

#68679 by Roger D
Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:59 pm
Does it matter if you have "Line Type by Layer" turned on?
Tried it with it turned off?

I just tried it on a dummy drawing, and with it on, I can recreate your findings.
#68693 by jimgoodman
Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:06 am
David A. Giesselman wrote:Linetype By Layer

Make it stop please... :wink:

There should be an option for that command to ignored in XClips.