Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#68927 by Ted B
Fri May 20, 2016 2:43 am
Before Ver.18, my files just had the 4-5 basic embedded linetypes in the sidebar Line Type Menu, and I could load addl. external linetypes as I need them, or delete the addl. linetypes. When I changed-over the Ver.18, now the Line Type sidebar menu is full of unneeded embedded linetypes that I don't need in every drawing, and I don't see a method of either deleting them -- or not preloading them in the first-place. For 99% of the time, I only need solid, dashed, dot-dash, centerline and propline. The rest are duplicated in the external linetypes if-needed.

This occurs in both "new" files, and legacy files that I'm either continuing to use or use as master template files for new projects.

It's probably a simple fix. It's just not obvious.
#68928 by David A. Giesselman
Fri May 20, 2016 5:36 am
Do you have the display of external definitions toggled on?
external definitions.JPG
external definitions.JPG (73.64 KiB) Viewed 5303 times

Dave
#68966 by Ted B
Sun May 22, 2016 11:54 pm
Interface View.png
Interface View.png (21.33 KiB) Viewed 5260 times
That's interesting. My [Program Preferences] menu under [Tools] looks nothing like yours, even in a "new drawing". Am I looking at the wrong dialog box?

I'm running Ver.18 in Windows 8.1 on a HP Desktop-Tower.
Last edited by Ted B on Mon May 23, 2016 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
#68967 by joshhuggins
Mon May 23, 2016 12:05 am
There is a new update Ted that you'll want to grab from the Datacad website.
#68968 by Ted B
Mon May 23, 2016 12:38 am
Ah-Ha! That did the trick. I still had 18.01.01.03 (PE) installed.

Oddly it wouldn't install the update from the [Check for Updates] in the [About Datacad] in the menus, even though it identified the update existed. I had to go directly to the Datacad site as you suggested, download it, then manually run the .EXE file to start the update.

I have the auto-update now 'disabled' since Microsoft is trying to trick/force me up upgrade to Windows-10. Last week it started to upgrade my computer to Win-10 against my wishes all by itself!!-- and I had to "Hot Off" abort the entire system and do a cold restart. Numerous people have warned me NOT TO UPGRADE TO WINDOW 10!! ...That once you let Win-10 into your PC, the MS malignant ransomware takes-over and you'll have to pay annual tribute to Redmond FOREVER, despite their quiet-and-calming-voice assurances to the contrary.

Please there's a lot of fear-mongering about programs not working properly under Windows-10, and that PCs built for Win-8 not functioning at 100%. I have a one-man office and a limited hardware upgrade budget. I don't have the smiling-guy from the IT Dept. to debug my PC, or to deal with the MS Blue-Screen-of Death. Without OpenOffice, Quickbooks, Datacad and Sketch-up working 100%, and access to the computer files...I'm worse-than-dead in the water...I'm in full crisis-mode'.