Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#69062 by wvar
Thu May 26, 2016 10:53 pm
I find that quite often the cleanup of smart walls does not work correctly. The attached screen shot is one such example. Is there a secret trick to wall cleanups where diferent wall types are concerned. Or should I jst use walls without cavities and fills and draw fills in 2D later.

I am not tring to be negative. Just trying to use th smart features.
Attachments
(11.73 KiB) Downloaded 488 times
#69077 by Mark Bell
Fri May 27, 2016 8:06 pm
Hi Walter,

Is the example a single 3-wall smart wall or 2 walls with a cavity?

I'd turn off S2 (Node Markers) unless you use these.

I've found the smart wall cleanups aren't as flexible as standard 2D line cleanups, but most of the time I'm able to get what's needed even with multiple walls and walls converging at odd angles.

If you 2-line trim the two outer walls and the then the two inner walls these should clean up.
#69078 by wvar
Sat May 28, 2016 5:18 am
Thanks Mark. The example I posted was made up of two 250 mm brick veneer walls (with a cavity) and a 230 mm thick solid brick wall. The brick veneer walls were cleaned up using 2 line trim. The solid brick wall was cleaned up using 1 line trim.
#69096 by Roger D
Tue May 31, 2016 7:09 am
that's a tough one to show, and you may have to compromise a little.
for the short outer solid brick wall, change the z-base to not match the other walls. If you are modeling this for 3d, you can make it the smallest amount that you can. The compromise will be a solid line that will separate the walls.