Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#62256 by dirtsailor2003
Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:00 pm

For whatever reason my un-docked symbol browser is now partially off the screen. I have tried multiple screen and display settings on my monitors. Made sure my drivers are up to date. Nothing has fixed the issue. I can stretch the browser from the bottom to top and from either side, but cant move it. I can access the buttons at the top to change folders, or close the browser. But it wont let me grab the browser and move it. We will be upgrading to 16 soon, but after a week of not being able to see around the thing I don't know if I can wait
#62257 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:15 pm
Yeah, this is an annoyance. When you tried a higher resolution the top bar of the SB is higher up, and if you move the overlap (between two monitors with different vertical resolutions), it stays up above - and you cannot get it to move back down.

You have to change the resolution and/or the position so that you can drag the SB down, and *then change the setting/position back where you want it, and then finalize the position of the SB.
#69196 by Roger D
Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:05 pm
My Symbol Browser must be wandering around off screen.
New system, and when moving the SB from the 27" monitor to the 24" monitor I think the mouse jumped. Sometimes it's like a brick wall moving between the two monitors.
Tried opening with Ctrl-Shift and picking the View/Symbol Browser, no luck, or do I have to edit the .gui file, which I have tried, but ends up on both screens, and when I select the right screen area, it vanishes again.
#69197 by Dave
Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:51 pm
Roger D wrote:My Symbol Browser must be wandering around off screen.
New system, and when moving the SB from the 27" monitor to the 24" monitor I think the mouse jumped. Sometimes it's like a brick wall moving between the two monitors.

Are the 2 monitors the same resolution. If not then there will be an area of the of the higher res monitor that the mouse won't be able to slide across to the lower res.
ScreenRes=.PNG
ScreenRes=.PNG (9.16 KiB) Viewed 23869 times

ScreenRes!=.PNG
ScreenRes!=.PNG (7.62 KiB) Viewed 23869 times

Maybe I'm on the rong track but have found a few people having problems with this with different res screens

Cheers DaveR
#69201 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:08 am
Roger D wrote:My Symbol Browser must be wandering around off screen.
Tried opening with Ctrl-Shift and picking the View/Symbol Browser, no luck, or do I have to edit the .gui file, which I have tried, but ends up on both screens, and when I select the right screen area, it vanishes again.

Try setting the following key in the [TBSymbolBrowser] section of the FilesDcadwinToolbars.gui file:

DockedTo=TBDockRight

Dave
#69203 by Roger D
Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:33 am
was set to
DockedTo=+
changed now
Code: Select all[TBSymbolBrowser]
Rev=2000
Visible=0
DockedTo=TBDockRight
LastDock=TBDockRight
DockRow=3
DockPos=339
FloatLeft=3996
FloatTop=1120
FloatCWidth=350
FloatCHeight=250

It shows up on the right of the drawing window, would like to move it to the right screen but when I almost drag it there, it's like it is hitting the screen edge as a brick wall, no can pass. Would different screen size/resolution be the issue?
#69278 by Roger D
Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:31 am
Yes, I am using v18.03.00.03, but started for me on a new computer with Win 10.
Could it be since the monitors are different size/resolutions?
#69279 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:50 am
Roger D wrote:Yes, I am using v18.03.00.03, but started for me on a new computer with Win 10.

Perhaps. Did it also happen with the last non-Beta release of v18?
#69286 by jimgoodman
Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:19 pm
This happens to me as well with the layer manager because of different monitor sizes I use. I just move the window a bit and it usually snaps back to the extents of the smaller monitor.

This also happens with Adobe Acrobat Pro on occasions.

I need to save up for a second and third 30" monitor I guess....
#69287 by Dave
Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:46 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:
Roger D wrote:Yes, I am using v18.03.00.03, but started for me on a new computer with Win 10.

Perhaps. Did it also happen with the last non-Beta release of v18?

Roger D wrote:Could it be since the monitors are different size/resolutions?

Just tested mine. With both monitors set to same res no problems. Changed the 2nd monitor to a lower res and symbol browser shows to large.
Depending on how you have the screens aligned in "windows display settings" as to which part is not showing when displayed - align the top of the screens and the bottom of the symbol browser will be off screen, align bottom of screens and the top will be missing.
Remember the alignment also effects how the mouse moves from screen to screen.
OT
Had a strange one the other day on a new system with dual displays and the mouse was pausing badly going to the 2nd screen. Someone else had set the system up but couldn't figure out what was going on, they had tried a different mouse - no change. I had a look at the display settings and there were 3 monitors showing, the 3rd monitor showed as a virtual and was sitting between the 2 physical monitors in the windows display settings. So when moving the mouse from the 1st it had to go through the virtual monitor before showing up on the 2nd physical. I moved the virtual monitor over to the right of the 2nd monitor and the mouse is now working ok. Just got to find out where to remove the virtual monitor. Not sure what the point is of a virtual monitor.

DaveR
v18.03.00.03
Win10
#69394 by Roger D
Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:59 am
Don't have an issue with the Layer Manager, just the Symbol Browser.
Did find a way to get it to snap back onto Monitor 1, before opening DataCad, turn off the 2nd monitor, then open and turn on the browser.

When trying to move the SB to the 2nd monitor, just when it disappears from Monitor 1, it jumps to far right bottom of Monitor 2 But it seems to stay in that area and can not be moved back to the left.