Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#69102 by RParker
Tue May 31, 2016 12:19 pm
Also keep in mind that the "free" upgrade to W10 expires on July 29, after that you will need to pay. I had actually shut off all of the annoying upgrade requests but had left a reminder on my calendar for June 1.
#69297 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:49 pm
Robert Scott wrote:W10 finally bit me last night ;)
So far so good.

Godspeed and good luck!

PS: Did I mention that I still run XP? ;)

Dave
#69298 by Robert Scott
Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:01 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:
Robert Scott wrote:W10 finally bit me last night ;)
So far so good.

Godspeed and good luck!

PS: Did I mention that I still run XP? ;)

Dave

I would still be on W7 if I hadn't put my guard down. I kept postponing the nagging updates and to my horror last night it started at Midnight.
so far it's been one of the easier transitions...Sketchup and DataCAD are working fine.
#69300 by joshhuggins
Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:14 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:PS: Did I mention that I still run XP? ;)
You are a sick man :lol:
#69302 by jimgoodman
Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:37 pm
At least he's over the whole DOS thing.... :roll:
#69303 by joshhuggins
Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:50 pm
jimgoodman wrote:At least he's over the whole DOS thing.... :roll:
I have co-workers that I keep their DOS apps running in a WinXP VM. It's such a pain in the butt.
#69307 by jimgoodman
Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:57 am
It is easier when you only need to deal with one font and two colors....
#69314 by joshhuggins
Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:19 am
David A. Giesselman wrote:I use DOSBox.

Dave
We need access to networked printers to map to lpt1.
#69588 by Ted B
Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:50 am
Now starting Week-2 under the Windows-10 regime. So far only a few few oddities, and I don't like the way File Explorer addresses "recent folders" compared to Windows 8.1 -- but it's a work-flow matter, not life-n-death.

One of the oddities is that I'm apparently going to have-to re-assign new pen-tables for the printer-plotters. Suddenly all my line/color/pen pen-thicknesses are merely-suggestions rather than settings for the Epsom WF-7620. They all appear much thinner now, barely hair-lines. The pen-setting for 0.5mm is no-where-near 0.5mm in the printed-page with the new W10-drivers. I'll need to break-out my old office-standards sample-sheets and do some comparisons between W8.1-that-was, and W10-that-is -- and between several of the 11x17" printers on the office network.

The major new task for this-coming week is exploring if my older-version of QuickBooks still functions.... [ fingers-crossed ]
#69592 by joshhuggins
Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:15 pm
Your system might be now using the Microsoft created version of the drive for windows 10 after the upgrade, which is usually bare bones & just what is needed to get things to print. Might try downloading an updated Windows 10 driver directly from Epson and see if that works better. If not you can download and install the driver for windows 8 if there is a difference. It should be fully compatible with Windows 10.
#70092 by Ted B
Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:06 pm
Aaarrggh!! I just spent 2-1/2 HOURS on the phone with Intuit trying to access my legacy company QuickBooks accounting files...

Since Windows-10 is [apparently] incompatible with older versions of QuickBooks, I just spent several hundred dollars purchasing and installing QB Pro-2017 to discover that despite their assurances, it CAN'T read my QB Pro-2008 company files, nor the backups files. Hopefully their forensics data services team will be able to tease out the data in the master file.

I have paper backups and copies, but.....!!
#70093 by joshhuggins
Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:16 pm
I'm sure you could send it to Quickbooks and have them step it between versions to get it up to v2017.
#70096 by MtnArch
Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:05 pm
I have QB Pro 2015 - if you send me a copy of your file I can see if I can update it to 2015, which (hopefully) 2017 can then update without issue.

PM me if you want me to give it a whorl ... it's worth a try at least ...