Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#69442 by igenatius
Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:14 am
Can someone please help.
I've exported my DC file to Sketchup Ver.8, or even higher, as I believe SK-Up 16 is not supported yet. When I open in Sk-Up I always get this 'film' type surfaces all over my windows and doors. You can not remove it as it will remove the complete element, window, and sometimes the wall as well. Some windows come out perfectly and some is just a problem. In O2C all is perfectly glazed etc.
Top immage:O2C
Bottom: Sk-Up
Thanks
Attachments
Image00001.JPG
321_SketchPlan.jpg
#69451 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:06 pm
igenatius wrote:Hi Robert. I've tried it and it doesn't work. All entities get flattened to zero.

On the Export dialog, ensure that this isn't checked.
export.JPG

Dave
#69452 by igenatius
Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:04 pm
Thanks David will check and do it again.
I've been playing with the original 'Export SketchUp' model in SketchUp and I think I might have found the problem and the challenge. Will post as soon as I'm sure it is the answer.
#69453 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:11 pm
Also, make sure that this option is checked on the DXF/DWG tab of the Preferences dialog (assuming you are using Smart walls, doors and windows).
prefs.JPG
prefs.JPG (67.47 KiB) Viewed 9258 times

Dave
#69457 by igenatius
Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:41 am
Hi David
I might have the answer.
In DC we draw smart walls with more than two lines. In my case I've drawn walls with 3 lines. It seems that SketchUp read this internal line/s from the DC smart wall as a surface inside the wall in SketchUp, and that it also seem to bound any smart windows or doors to that surface.

What I have done and it worked well:
Export the DC file/model to SketcUp as per DC export.
In SketchUp you have to delete all the internal lines/surfaces in the walls first. This you have to do in a plan view. Once you have done it, then you can delete the unwanted surfaces in front of the windows and doors. It is a bit of a tedious task as you have to work through the groups in SketchUp but it works fine and give you a nice clean model in SketchUp.
Maybe the DC Tech guys can investigate this.
I've spend quite a bit of time testing it and it's the only way so far I can work it out.
The attached model show only partial cleaned-up.
Attachments
321_01.jpg